Popular Tags: [View All]
Fuzzy Llama Reviews
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's nothing when compared to the more recent Solomon Kane game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
riccardo rodolfi
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
walaoeh wrote:
How much would shipping to Southeast Asia be? Game looks really good, and it'll be a shame if the shipping costs are prohibitively high for me :/

We are still waiting for a reply from a list of fulfillment services in southeast asia, we really hope to lower the shipping rates for your country!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva Bihari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what kind of algorithm they used to calculate shipping cost, but as I see they are loosing lots of potential customers based on their attitude:
- stating no possibility of group pladge or discount if somebody taking the responsibility to handle group ordering
- checking their table for shipping cost shows shipping to Hungary has the same cost as too South Korea, Japan, Iceland, ireland... even to Slovenia which has a border towards Italy? Not to mention that Australia, China, western-Europe, USA cost less.

I can just have the following conclusion:
- Either they think Hungarians are rich enough to pay extra ~25% for shipping or they don't want to have Hungarian customers at all. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Bampi
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
badge
"Go suck yer blade!"
mbmbmbmbmb
enzian1 wrote:
I don't know what kind of algorithm they used to calculate shipping cost, but as I see they are loosing lots of potential customers based on their attitude:
- stating no possibility of group pladge or discount if somebody taking the responsibility to handle group ordering
- checking their table for shipping cost shows shipping to Hungary has the same cost as too South Korea, Japan, Iceland, ireland... even to Slovenia which has a border towards Italy? Not to mention that Australia, China, western-Europe, USA cost less.

- Either they think Hungarians are rich enough to pay extra ~25% for shipping or they don't want to have Hungarian customers at all. devil

I'm not related to Cranio in any way, but I'm pretty sure your conclusions are plainly wrong. They simply didn't find a better/cheaper carrier for int'l shipping to Hungary.
They clearly underestimated the importance of shipping costs being crystal-clear (and cheap) from the start and worldwide.
They're trying to obtain better prices during the campaign, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzian1 wrote:

Shipping costs are often a concern at KS, especially as there are companies who follow other campaigns and learn ways to reduce the costs by using fulfillment services before they start the campaing.

There are a couple of fulfillment centers in the USA, Australia, Asia, Europe that all have different costs associated with where they send a game to. So, for the European one, it looks like the service doesn't have a good partnership in Hungary, but does so for Western-Europe. In contrast, the one Australia can do the shipping at a quite good price. Big pallets get send out from the manufacturer and while Australia might be cheaper, we might see the games way later as they are likely on a slow boat, but at a good low price point.

Anyway, I feel your pain. When the pre-campaign page opened shipping to Australia was 40 Euro, now it's 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Bithalver
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand why there is no group pledge.

For example, I organized a group for Escape Plan (box will be about 40x30 cm and 4.5 kg, not a small game); we ordered 32 copies + other things for about 2750 USD total; sure we got a discount and a serious shipping cost reduce (30 USD for shipping 3 boxes instead of ~20USD of shipping only one ).

I am 100% sure there are a lot of gamers who will pass on full price + advertised shipping cost.

Cranio, please learn from others. Yeah, group pledges need more negotiation but makes more income and profit; this is business to you, hmmm ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bithalver wrote:

For example, I organized a group for Escape Plan (box will be about 40x30 cm and 4.5 kg, not a small game); we ordered 32 copies + other things for about 2750 USD total; sure we got a discount and a serious shipping cost reduce (30 USD for shipping 3 boxes instead of ~20USD of shipping only one ).

I am 100% sure there are a lot of gamers who will pass on full price + advertised shipping cost.

Cranio, please learn from others. Yeah, group pledges need more negotiation but makes more income and profit; this is business to you, hmmm ?

I've done anywhere from 5 copies to 50 copies of games too (including Escape Plan).

I know they're trying to discourage retailers, but here's my proposal to protect them from that, while also minimizing shipping for those of us willing to be local hubs:

- we pledge for the full amount in KS, with only maybe a shipping top up for the total order afterward
- we get all our group pledgers to pledge $1 to the project (toward the shipping top-up anyway), so they can see they're all real people (no retailer is going to go through that hassle)
- we give them a list of our group pledgers so they can check back if they want
- they save considerably on the effort of coordinating pledges and shipping because they ship one big order to one place - we're actually taking on the work
- so in return, they pass on the shipping savings because one bulk shipment is always cheaper by a considerable margin

This is a big and healthy portion of the KS market here in big cities in Canada - see here where we coordinate them, completely independent of retailers (unless like Boardgamebliss they happen to be the local fulfilment company too where we work with them - they do a great job):

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/147160/item/6379320?comme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Svilar
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enzian1 wrote:

Hey neighbour , shipping to Serbia is 80$ and we are relatively close to Italy . I am going to wait for the game to hit retail and then consider buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fuzzy Llama Reviews
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bithalver wrote:

They stated they don't offer a group pledge because they don't want retailers buying up gobs of copies to sell. They are doing this because of the 6 month exclusivity they are offers to just kickstarter backers before it hits retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if given the choice whether backers would prefer more unlocked stretch goals or strict exclusivity.

I’d guess more would lean toward unlocking stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if backers would prefer to save on shipping as a group, or everyone pays more shipping and the only one who profits is the shipping company, to stop imaginary retailers from selling a few copies against the wishes of the publisher?

Hmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MaltmanJ wrote:
I wonder if backers would prefer to save on shipping as a group, or everyone pays more shipping and the only one who profits is the shipping company, to stop imaginary retailers from selling a few copies against the wishes of the publisher?

Hmmm.

agree with this... I'm very interested in the game, but currently ain't backing due to the high costs... at this rate, I will wait for Essen 2019 and get it there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fuzzy Llama Reviews
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My main concern isn't even with the shipping cost, it's the delivery date. That's a VERY ambitious delivery date to hit for a first time kickstarter, especially during the upcoming seasons such as Chinese New Year.

I mean any changes that will need to be made....that's going to push that date back potentially. I'm backing but im not keeping my hopes up this will actually be delivered by this coming April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Neves
Portugal
Pereiro de Baixo
Vila Nova de Poiares
flag msg tools
mb
Muse23PT wrote:
MaltmanJ wrote:

Hmmm.

agree with this... I'm very interested in the game, but currently ain't backing due to the high costs...

My thoughts, also. Unless they decide to change their group shipping politics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have there been any updates on Canada-friendly shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inane_sage wrote:
Have there been any updates on Canada-friendly shipping?

No changes yet to any other countries (Canada, New Zealand, in Asia...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wickdawg01 wrote:
My main concern isn't even with the shipping cost, it's the delivery date. That's a VERY ambitious delivery date to hit for a first time kickstarter, especially during the upcoming seasons such as Chinese New Year.

I mean any changes that will need to be made....that's going to push that date back potentially. I'm backing but im not keeping my hopes up this will actually be delivered by this coming April.

Cranio might not have launched many kickstarters.. but they are certainly not new to publishing games. I'd be very surprised if they weren't already very advanced in their preparation for printing. Hence a lot of details already locked in, with firm statements on what can and can't change.

Given the back-catalog that they've already printed, I'd guess that they already have good relationships with printers/distributors, which gives me a certain level of comfort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
losfp wrote:
Wickdawg01 wrote:

Cranio might not have launched many kickstarters.. but they are certainly not new to publishing games. I'd be very surprised if they weren't already very advanced in their preparation for printing. Hence a lot of details already locked in, with firm statements on what can and can't change.

Given the back-catalog that they've already printed, I'd guess that they already have good relationships with printers/distributors, which gives me a certain level of comfort.

I think their April promise will be true for Europe, which they are quite experienced with.

The question how much later it'll be for other parts of the world remains though. That could be another month or two afterwards, which is then just 4 months before Spiel/Essen. Don't think you'll get your money back if they don't meet the 6 months exclusive play promise... So yes, that sort of exclusivity is a bit of a funny one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always found the exclusivity thing a bit funny too. Personally it doesn't really bother me as long as I get my games within a reasonable amount of time. IMO it looks really bad if they promise something, and then have to renege on it for various reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.