BattleTech CCG» Forums » General

Subject: Thinking about getting some decks or cards for casual play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a pretty big Android: Netrunner fan and was very impressed by Vampire: The Eternal Struggle when I played it so I've been thinking, hey, perhaps I should try out the third CCG by Richard Garfield.

My thinking would be to have a couple decks, perhaps as many as 4, to play casually and check the game a bit. There doesn't seem to be much info what archetypes there were in the game or any recommended decks that result in interesting matches instead of the imbalance that killed the game.

I was thinking of using proxies but unlike other games there doesn't seem to be a website to print them off.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played for a long time but am happy to see someone get into the game meeple It's really good.

Not much to contribute to your endeavor if only a word to encourage you to go ahead :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rael
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game so yes, get in on it!! Also, try to search around you a bit, second hand collections are sometimes offered and make for a great casual play experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you guys. So yeah, any advice, recommended decks or places to read about this? Just being able to make some proxies for the rare cards would be a huge deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well i found some images from the following sets (don't know the order of release date)

Arsenal, Base Set Unlimited, Box Powers, Commanders Edition, Counterstrike, Crusade, DCi??, Mechwarrior, Mercenaries.

Could someone give hints what's the order of these expansions would be?? since i also have 2 rule books (one with COMMANDER EDITION and some card erratas??) i think Commanders Edition is some newer version??

ALso I NEED DECK LISTS :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.