Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
383 Posts
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Auto-mod: Gelatinous Niner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
FATNOOB Oct 22, 02:40 PM: I don't know if I should have countered vanders early D2, or claimed priest with mr fan as hunter.
FATNOOB Oct 22, 02:41 PM: Plan is to not muddle the NK Waters, and be able to out one/both GSes this way
FATNOOB Oct 22, 02:41 PM: Particularly the hunter, which actually is valuable here vs. in a say 19er
FATNOOB Oct 22, 02:43 PM: Anyways, would love to discuss post game. Not sure what the right play is here tbh.

There's no "right play" because if you always do something that's more correct than anything else, you can just deviate and profit. For example if the right play is to always claim seer in your shoes, you can argue that you should never be sorc in that spot and so I'm always evil. But this is pretty ridiculous since it then becomes right to deviate and take advantage of that.
I think both lines you mentioned are fine.

This isn't to say that all lines are equal btw, or every line has merit.
There are some plans that are just really bad that should be avoided.
Better lines should be given higher priority, for example I tend to default to seer a lot as sorc because I find it plays more easily, but you can't claim seer every time as sorc because there are situations where wolves really want to claim seer for whatever reason.
You can always make a "why would I do this as evil" argument, but you have to be pretty careful because there's generally a reason they're bad.
Claiming priest with mrfan as hunter is obviously a pretty high equity move, but this is also one that you can't just use every time, since your chances of being good with this view if you claim it a large amount of the time as evil drop quite a lot
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
The weird thing is, there is almost never a reason to bus in 9er since your lynched Wolf partner usually is not confirmed as a Wolf. I guess on D1 as long as you don't NK the Priest, your partner is IDed and you get some cred, but overall, no reason to bus in this 9er. But Royal did it, and it won me over at the last second.
There's why I did it. Certainly didn't work though. Having the Seer view you...
If Mrfan hadn't been lynched at the last second I think people would have had a really hard time connecting the two of us.


And btw, I really didn't buy Vanders as Sorc, but as the only wolf left I couldn't counter him with that probability.

Sorry team!

I will be sorc a pretty high amount of the time there when I claim the clear on you, I definitely think it's better for you to not claim seer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, agree that seer is the easiest CC as sorc - but can't always be 100% the claim there. Ah well. Double whammy of you having the hit + jwand calling a hit on fan (who I really did think was good D1) made life tough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fahl
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No, I can't tell you....it's a secret.
badge
Mudflaps
Avatar
mb
GG Everyone. It was lots of fun - even from the sidelines.

The Vanders vote onto Mr.Fan yesterday did kinda feel like a JWand save. I wasn't getting real wolfy vibes from Vanders, though. I don't know where I would've come down today. Boonta F. made a good case.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
The weird thing is, there is almost never a reason to bus in 9er since your lynched Wolf partner usually is not confirmed as a Wolf. I guess on D1 as long as you don't NK the Priest, your partner is IDed and you get some cred, but overall, no reason to bus in this 9er. But Royal did it, and it won me over at the last second.
There's why I did it. Certainly didn't work though. Having the Seer view you...
If Mrfan hadn't been lynched at the last second I think people would have had a really hard time connecting the two of us.


And btw, I really didn't buy Vanders as Sorc, but as the only wolf left I couldn't counter him with that probability.

Sorry team!

Not your fault, sometimes you just lose! One vote switches and we are looking great today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FATNOOB wrote:
Yeah, agree that seer is the easiest CC as sorc - but can't always be 100% the claim there. Ah well. Double whammy of you having the hit + jwand calling a hit on fan (who I really did think was good D1) made life tough.

Not unwinnable at all though, I think the biggest issue was that you didn't leave yourself enough time to sell it
Goo only hit upon the most convincing logic of your world when it was already too late
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
FATNOOB wrote:
Yeah, agree that seer is the easiest CC as sorc - but can't always be 100% the claim there. Ah well. Double whammy of you having the hit + jwand calling a hit on fan (who I really did think was good D1) made life tough.

Not unwinnable at all though, I think the biggest issue was that you didn't leave yourself enough time to sell it
Goo only hit upon the most convincing logic of your world when it was already too late

True.

That one might be a timezone issue though (not as bad as living in upside-down land though ). Jwand only countered sometime early in the morning my time, and I wasn't on til a couple hours before lynch.

Calling fan seer yesterday as a counter to you would have made more sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oldhoss wrote:
GG Everyone. It was lots of fun - even from the sidelines.

The Vanders vote onto Mr.Fan yesterday did kinda feel like a JWand save. I wasn't getting real wolfy vibes from Vanders, though. I don't know where I would've come down today. Boonta F. made a good case.

It's a weird situation though because I'm obviously more likely wolf if evil, but if jwandke is also a wolf, where's our sorc?
Evils can argue that it was you, but if that's the case then they lose their weapon of it being must lynch, and the village has the time to test a lynch on royal and then lynch jwandke/me if that doesn't end the game. This basically confirms a win if the assumption is that you're sorc in 100% of the worlds where noob/flush are real, and the lynch order of royal/me/jwandke has a pretty obvious downside to evil given the actual roles
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  |