Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that File Uploading has some kind of problem. I tried three times to upload a file for War of the Ring and it always appears after 4-5 minutes, a blank page with the message: "No File Found" or something like that. I've tried changing the name and location of the file, and it also appeared... what's the matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is likely a web limit and the browser is timing out due to the file being too large. Try zipping the file or a segmented Zip file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferenc Kis
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I tried to upload a full version of the Dungeon Lords rule book translated to Hungarian but the browser (Chrome and FF) said: The page is unavailable.
The pdf file is 9 Mb, and in nowadays it is a small file ( with 20Mb/s upload speed it takes nothing to upload). Can I upload this file without separation, zipping or anything else?
If an admin can make it please send me a TG with instructuons and I share the file with him/her.

Thanks.

Originally the rule pdf is 23 Mb, and 9 Mb is the final version, can not be decresed anymore. (of course without loss of the quality)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Could always host elsewhere and add the URL to the weblinks section? I prefer dropbox's public folder for my personal hosting needs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Over 4 years and the limitation of 5 Mb for files uploads has not been changed. We were hoping that the same file uploader used for photos would be made available for files, but no go so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Actually our max upload size is set to 16 MB - so I'm not exactly sure what the trouble is. Can you send me a link to the file in a public dropbox?

http://dropbox.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie, the file upload times out at about 5 to 8 Mb file size pretty consistently, depending on network speed of the person uploading before timeout. We need some sort of uploader that keeps the web connection open to allow larger files like the image uploader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried uploading a 5.7mb file over the weekend. The file uploaded fine but I got this GeekMail a few days later:

Quote:
We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent file that you uploaded, and it was removed it from the system.
Filename: Drizzt_Basic.zip
file is too large

Sincerely,
BGG Admins

--
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!
Mail sent to the BoardGameGeek account or messagecenter@boardgamegeek.com is not received or read.
If you are trying to reach a particular user, please write to them directly.
Boardgamegeek Admins: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Admins

I had a similar issue a couple weeks ago, I added a file to a ZIP file and resubmitted it to an already existing file (as opposed to a new file) and got the same rejected GeekMail.

I've uploaded files this large before and never got rejected by size. Is this a new stipulation?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.