Subject: Rainbow Werewolf 11! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
When Dejo didn't realize that she would have ended the game if she was lynched we should have switched to Paper. It was a set up then.

It wasn't. I knew this was true, but it never occurred to me that it was also true if I was a brutal good. And no one mentioned it. I wasn't trying to do anything there, I just didn't realise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great finish Dejo and Paper! Congrats evil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
What do people think about the changes?

We had flirted with the idea of adding a second Jester back into the game. In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't.

I do think maybe there should be one guaranteed good orange? Though maybe not if the viewing roles are powerful enough. Y'all have the game mostly mechanically solved to an extent pretty early on, it felt like.
I think it was more or less fair. I wish I was the orange brutal wolf in this version, though! Not having a good counter-part definitely helped evil, and good was potentially at lynch or lose after 2 mis-lynches.
One mislynch, since good mislynched twice and lost.
Oh, you're right. Maybe change the blue aware villager to orange brutal hunter and have the jester villager be blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
badge
This BGG avatar is limited to the explicit use of Quaseymoto and all others will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
mbmbmbmbmb
zenofkermit wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

We had flirted with the idea of adding a second Jester back into the game. In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't.

I do think maybe there should be one guaranteed good orange? Though maybe not if the viewing roles are powerful enough. Y'all have the game mostly mechanically solved to an extent pretty early on, it felt like.
I think it was more or less fair. I wish I was the orange brutal wolf in this version, though! Not having a good counter-part definitely helped evil, and good was potentially at lynch or lose after 2 mis-lynches.
Oh, you're right. Maybe change the blue aware villager to orange brutal hunter and have the jester villager be blue.

Though you had 2 straight days of lynching auxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenofkermit wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

But then you are missing the point of rainbow.
It's a puzzle for good to solve, but it has to be hard enough to solve it for evil to have a chance.
In order to do that there has to be an indeterminable +/- off from perfect balance, or everyone would just game the mod to solve the puzzle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The assumption there is that evil can't win if good figures out the roleset?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian, Benny, Bennis, Beans, Binesse.
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
The assumption there is that evil can't win if good figures out the roleset?

Oh.

This is my personal alternate win condition giving me an errored thought.

In my mind, if good figures out the role set, they already won.

Evil can still win the traditional way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

But then you are missing the point of rainbow.
It's a puzzle for good to solve, but it has to be hard enough to solve it for evil to have a chance.
In order to do that there has to be an indeterminable +/- off from perfect balance, or everyone would just game the mod to solve the puzzle.
I get the puzzle-solving aspect of it. But I think good had mostly solved the puzzle by the end yet still lost due to incorrect reads.

The puzzle part of the game still needs to be balanced by giving good enough incorrect guesses and evil enough chance for FUD or hiding in the puzzle to escape correct guesses. I think two available mislynches seems a bit low.

BTW, I wasn't suggesting announcing the actual set at the beginning of the game, just a way to make this specific set more balanced if it's randomly chosen for a future run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!