• [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plays well with 2...however, a poor decision is very difficult to recover from most times unless the other person follows suit...:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It has a bit of a tit-for-tat, zero-sum feeling with 2, as most of the buildings will get built by the end of the game and everything you build is something your opponent cannot build. This leads to the slightly unforgiving nature the poster above mentioned.

With 2, it's very important in this game to pay close attention to what your opponent is doing and block their big-scoring opportunities (shopping malls and streetcar bonuses) before they get a chance to materialize. If you don't, whoever draws better cards will win.

Of my relatively limited plays, I'd say that I prefer 3 to 2 by just a small margin. The game does tend to be unforgiving of mistakes / biased towards "big plays," so the leader can runaway when there's just one opponent, but two can work together against him.

It's an absolutely wonderful game regardless, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.