Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased Clans a little over a week ago at the suggestion of BGG member Dwarf (and after reading so many of it's positive reviews). Last night Justice and I sat down to a couple of games of Clans.

The first game was a close one. We mostly tried to score points for our respective colors by hiding them in groups of three or four colors scoring points for ourselves and hopefully not for each other. By the time villages were in the 4th epoch, it was obvious what colors we each were and that the game came down to who could score the most points for their clan with the last two villages. Justice made a good jump of 10 points for her clan with the last village of the 4th epoch. Unfortunately for her I was able to recapture my lead with a very small village in the fifth epoch, ending the game... we counted up our tokens incase of a surprise win, but I had created 7 of the 12 villages in the game effectively putting me four points ahead of her.

That was the second time we'd played the game (the first being right after I bought it) and we agreed that we liked it more each time we played. We decided to play another round before calling it a night.

In the second game of our evening Justice got the better of me with a tactic I hadn't thought about too much. After set up and a few turns I was sure her clan was the black one, and I had a sinking feeling she had me figured out. Justice had set about moving my clan's huts onto the unfavorable territories of each epoch, there by eliminating them from the game. I attempted to retaliate. I was however, too late, and wrong. It turned out that Justice had no idea which clan I was for most of the game. She admitted after the game that she was simply trying to remove as many huts as possible that were not hers. This tactic resulted in 6-7 huts of each clan removed from the game except hers. Her clan had sustained a modest loss of only two huts. The game ended in the middle of the 4th epoch because there were no more possible moves. Justice crushed me with an 11-point lead.

I'm definitely looking forward to introducing more of my group to Clans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.