Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization» Forums » News

Subject: Photos of all Age A and I leaders and wonders of the expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I visited the booth of CGE in Essen and I was allowed to take pictures of the upcoming expansion, have fun:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that Boudica or Ziggy Stardust?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ark royal
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kester wrote:
Is that Boudica or Ziggy Stardust?

Looks more like Adam Ant than Ziggy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great! How will they be integrated? Mix all leaders/wonders, shuffle, and use X amount I'm guessing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaring typos/grammar issues, but more importantly, Boudica vs Cleopatra? What's the point of having one leader straight up better than another?

Thanks for the photos!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The full expansion will have wonders and leaders for all ages, won't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goldeneyeonline wrote:
The full expansion will have wonders and leaders for all ages, won't it?
Yes it will and I was told CGE tries to release it the first half of 2019.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Glaring typos/grammar issues, but more importantly, Boudica vs Cleopatra? What's the point of having one leader straight up better than another?

Thanks for the photos!
This wasn‘t a final version.
I think we won‘t see major changes but at least the typos/grammar issues will be fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks bananas. Can't wait for this expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:

Thanks for the photos!

Boudicca's two resources are very restricted when you're one of the two weakest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Watno wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

Thanks for the photos!

Restricted to having double Cleopatra's resources for doing what you need to do to not be one of the two weakest, and then when you aren't, you have more flexibility than Cleopatra.

Sure, I can see that warriors aren't a great early build. Perhaps if your opponents are highly competitive in military early on, you might get railroaded into having too many warriors. Bit of a gamble as whether or not you get Knights or Swordsmen early enough to benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
droooool zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Alberth Silva Barros
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Damn, so many nice cards...

Can you ask if the expansion will include changes on existing cards, new normal cards (not leaders or wonders) and if it'll be released in physical/digital versions?

Benkyo wrote:
Watno wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

Thanks for the photos!

Restricted to having double Cleopatra's resources for doing what you need to do to not be one of the two weakest, and then when you aren't, you have more flexibility than Cleopatra.

Sure, I can see that warriors aren't a great early build. Perhaps if your opponents are highly competitive in military early on, you might get railroaded into having too many warriors. Bit of a gamble as whether or not you get Knights or Swordsmen early enough to benefit.

Some of these leaders won't enter the game at the same time, but yeah, I can see your point: Cleopatra seems like a lot worse than Boudica, even with the restriction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maedhross wrote:
Can you ask if the expansion will include changes on existing cards, new normal cards (not leaders or wonders) and if it'll be released in physical/digital versions?
Hi, I already posted 2 months ago that some old cards will be rebalanced: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2048412/cards-will-be-rebal...

As far as I know we don‘t have any more information which ones and I am not at the fair today as I spend some time with the family of my girlfriend. I can‘t ask any questions.

Another information can be found here: https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=1946526495384...
We will see the expansion as physical and digital release but CGE didn‘t decide right now if it will happen at the same time.

I assume that if some old cards will be changed, they will be included in the physical expansion. There is already one change, a territory has a minor change in the digital version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Alberth Silva Barros
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Maedhross wrote:
Hi, I already posted 2 months ago that some old cards will be rebalanced: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2048412/cards-will-be-rebal...

As far as I know we don‘t have any more information which ones and I am not at the fair today as I spend some time with the family of my girlfriend. I can‘t ask any questions.

Another information can be found here: https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=1946526495384...
We will see the expansion as physical and digital release but CGE didn‘t decide right now if it will happen at the same time.

I assume that if some old cards will be changed, they will be included in the physical expansion. There is already one change, a territory has a minor change in the digital version.

I've seen that topic in the past. Still, would be nice to have a new confirmation from the people in Essen. If you plan going there again another day, it would be great if you (or another person visiting) could ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fair closed 8 minutes ago and it was the last day ;(
Maybe some other person will offer the next days more information and from time to time the devs answer some questions here at bgg.

Well, I expected some more strategy talk from all the experts ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rodawig
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks so much for posting these, looks awesome!!

Sick buffs to Masonry and Stockpile!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Cain
msg tools
Someone help me understand the Hippocrates card, because it makes no sense to me. Give up yellow tokens just to get them back at the end of each age? What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kester J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBear wrote:
Someone help me understand the Hippocrates card, because it makes no sense to me. Give up yellow tokens just to get them back at the end of each age? What am I missing?

The extra tokens come from the box, not from your player mat. So he gives you 3 yellow tokens*, but you have to wait a while to get your hands on them.

*As long as you have him in play for 3 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Numbers aren't final, right? Akropolis is really bad as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gómez
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
Aquí irá una frase ingeniosa
badge
No me toques los meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:

It can help you delay the government change until era III, as long as you get extra actions by other means. With the right combination it can be huge (Sid Meier and 5 computers).

On the other hand, Ravages of time can be devastating if you have to destroy the extra buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio MILITO PAGLIARA
msg tools
mb
I really like this... very interesting cards. Looking forward to the freshness they will bring to the game

Love Stonehenge and Akropolis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
This was just a preview, nothing is final.
For example we saw Ramses II in the past with the same ability as Cleopatra has now.
He was replaced by Confucius and Cleopatra received his ability.

I agree, some wonders and leaders are more situational than others.
Akropolis could maybe make sense with Joan of Arc.
You could build one more temple and change your gov almost for free to theocracy.
If you get the Basilica later on even better, more temples to boost.
Maybe CGE implemented this wonder for Bach, he would have a lot of temples to convert following this strategy ;D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Membrillo wrote:
markino wrote:

It can help you delay the government change until era III, as long as you get extra actions by other means. With the right combination it can be huge (Sid Meier and 5 computers).

On the other hand, Ravages of time can be devastating if you have to destroy the extra buildings.

I see an interesting strategy to get 3 philosophies early, then discover monarchy. If it doesn't get hit by ravages, then you can get a 4th computer, go to democracy, and get a 5th.

Since urban limit is only checked when you build, a late ravages won't clobber a 5th [whatever].

Question: is the urban limit checked only when building, or also when upgrading? The answer to this could greatly affect the strategy with this.

Edit: I just noticed- with Zizka, you can have an age A artillery; those age 2 tactics without infantry can be antiquated now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Maloof

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Qurqirish Dragon wrote:
Question: is the urban limit checked only when building, or also when upgrading? The answer to this could greatly affect the strategy with this.
From the rules, under "Build a farm, mine, or urban building":
Quote:
Limitation: The lower right corner of your government card depicts your urban building limit. If you already have that many or more urban buildings of a particular type, you cannot build a new urban building of that type.
There's no corresponding limitation in the Upgrade rules.

But yes, Akropolis looks ridiculously terrible as written -- I don't think I'd ever build it even if all the steps cost 0. But pretty much all the other leaders and wonders look very cool and fairly balanced, on a first read. The Age I stuff in particular all has real potential to alter strategies in interesting ways, so I am very excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |