Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is going to happen to someone…all those punchboards with all those tiles. Of course you want to punch them all out.

But you shouldn't. The tile planks in the game are a legacy deck of cardboard. You will go through them, plank by plank, adding new tiles, when instructed.

But let's say you punched them all out and need to fix it. Here's how.

These should be your starting tiles:

Ground Floor Staircase/Hallway/Entrance Hall (Starting Tile)
Basement Landing (Starting Tile)
Upper Landing (Starting Tile)
Front Steps (Starting tile)
Unfinished Room
Crawlspace
Common Room
Hearth
Creek
Hanging Tree
Pond
Woods

Now have someone (hopefully not playing the campaign) put the following tiles into labelled envelopes. When the game tells you to get tiles from a plank, open the envelope and you are good to go.

PLANK 1
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Cellars
Guest Quarters
Kitchen

PLANK 2
Blood Field
Pasture
Blue Bedroom

PLANK 3
Dining Room
Workroom
Cramped Passageway

PLANK 4
Stable
Graveyard
Servants' Quarters

PLANK 5
Cistern
Underground Cavern
Master Bedroom

PLANK 6
Salon
Caves
Nursery

PLANK 7
Bloody Room
Blank tile (likely thrown away)
Collapsed Room

PLANK 8
Crypt
Chapel
Soundproofed Room

PLANK 9
Woodshed
Dark Altar
Winter Bedroom

PLANK 10
Armory
Porch
Library

PLANK 11
Operating Theatre
Laboratory
Furnace Room

PLANK 12
Arborium
Crossroads
Parlor

PLANK 13
Gallery
Study
Organ Room

PLANK 14
Well House
Ballroom
Muskeg

PLANK 15
Vault
Catacombs
Service Tunnels

PLANK 16
Carriage House
Specimen Room
Coal Chute

PLANK 17
Ritual Room
Hedge Maze
Secret Staircase

PLANK 18
Observatory
Mundane Elevator
Basement Landing [with coal chute] (starting tile)

PLANK 19
Pentagram Chamber
Statuary Corridor
Junk Room

PLANK 20
Tower
Charred Room
Underground Lake
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, started reading expecting this to be someone who got the game early. Ha! Happy to see it's just some extra-advice from the designer.

Also, Rob! Any chance you might be working on a Forbidden Island/Desert type Legacy game? A Forbidden Legacy, if you will?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmon, you know I had to peek at couple tiles... it's just there begging you to "look at me, look at me!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
But when does it release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Nov 9th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS said they’d have it this Friday so I am hopeful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Burris
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YEPPPP. Thank you soo much... LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan K
msg tools
Thank you for saving me from my own excitement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mb
FLGS owner here. I had a group come in and excitedly purchase a copy this evening; they were back an hour later looking rather chagrined, having punched everything. Thanks to your prescient post, I was able to get them reset and kept them spoiler free. Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Whitmer

Genoa
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes! My copy's arriving tomorrow, and we surely would have jumped right in and started punching...

Thanks Rob!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Layne
msg tools
My copy came with the instructions placed so that you'd have to lift up the pile, flip it over, and read the back to know not to punch. Maybe in later printings they can be sure to place the planks such that the instructions are at the top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chabot

Oregon
msg tools
Is there any info on the way the cards were setup too?

I would like to try and "reset" a copy and nvermind mind stickers.

Essentially the game hasn't been played though the campaign but would like an order of cards so I can put them ba k in the correct order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DSAdigits wrote:
My copy came with the instructions placed so that you'd have to lift up the pile, flip it over, and read the back to know not to punch. Maybe in later printings they can be sure to place the planks such that the instructions are at the top?

Ours was the same, which is why I found this thread! Yep, we punched everything before finding that tile. In future printings, my suggestion would be to have all the tile planks say "don't punch until instructed." There's plenty of space for more text on the plank border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stankiewicz
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks, this thread helped us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A blank tile? That's intriguing you might unlock it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Crane
United States
California
flag msg tools
Wow! This is just what I was looking for! Thank you! Not because we accidentally punched all our cards, but because we finished the campaign, and want to reset our decks. We are going to do a New Game+ because...

MAJOR SPOILERS DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE CAMPAIGN MAJOR SPOILERS!!!
We lost the final Haunt, and Fenrir was let loose, so in our story we have decided that our "Legacies" are caught in a time loop, living out the last 300 years until we finally find a way to stop Him. (kind of like how the Madman was reliving his life through different Inhabitants) Using our past knowledge to help guide us to victory. But Fenrir is aware of this, and has made things harder as well...

So the Legacy, and Purgatory Decks are reset, (Easy to do since they were numbered) but all stickers and checked boxes remain. Obviously we will do the alternate Haunts that we didn't get on our first play through, and if we are told to add a check to a box, we will simply continue from where we left off, if there are still spaces. And will use the last of the stickers, if there were any left over from our first run. (once they are all gone though, that's it. No more heirlooms etc.)

I know this is not the intended way to keep playing, but we all think it will be a great way to extend the campaign, and still wind up with a customized game at the end for free play. What ever is there in our final campaign, is what stays, that is the "true" timeline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the idea is don’t punch anything unless the game explicitly tells you to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DSAdigits wrote:

Yeah. I just punched all of mine out and got to the bottom, flipped the big cardboard piece over and said "ahh crap!"

Glad for this thread so I can put them back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reid
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you very, very much for this. An over eager young sister punched it all out without reading. This saved our bacon. You are a beneficent spirit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Scully
msg tools
Wait so I haven't opened the sealed tile planks (got a game starting on the weekend) but I've punched everything out of the main cardboard stuff like tokens and the few tiles there. I wasn't meant to do that? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah AR
msg tools
Don't worry about the tokens - you're supposed to punch them out.

As for the tiles, please have someone (who preferably won't be playing the game) sort the tiles as directed at the top of this thread.

I'd also recommend you ask them to separate the tiles by plank and then put them in several labeled, plastic bags. The game will ask you to punch out one or two planks at a time and add them to your deck, so this will prevent spoilers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
teacupcopter wrote:
Wait so I haven't opened the sealed tile planks (got a game starting on the weekend) but I've punched everything out of the main cardboard stuff like tokens and the few tiles there. I wasn't meant to do that? cry

You're good to go. You can punch out everything (including the room tiles) from the larger punchboard. Just leave the tile planks (which have three rooms on each) unpunched until told.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Tuttle
United States
Alvin
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Guilty. Thank you for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Evans
United States
Dayton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
My copy had the instructions for the tiles on the bottom as well. Everything was punched as the rulebook said to punch out all the room tiles. I did it in two different settings. The
blank tile
was thrown away and the recycle ran before I saw this thread. Is it used in the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.