Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
760 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play Werewolf online." - #210, for the new and the improving! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm indulging myself in a meta vote:

[vote Dejo]

She knows why...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I looked at everybody's alignment percentages. My vote is well-placed. Claud seems to just attract evilness wherever he goes... A 46% evil rate is even higher than mine, and that is saying something. On another note, Dusty is the goodliest as he has a 0% evil rate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (11/11) - # - Voted by

claudinko - 2 - TWM03(2), FGJustice(3)
Scarlett_O - 1 - dejojam1(1)
Valkerie32 - 1 - oldhoss(6)
Royalflush - 1 - claudinko(7)
oldhoss - 1 - Valkerie32(8)
dejojam1 - 1 - Royalflush(9)
Dusty534 - 0 - oldhoss(4)
wings35 - 0 - oldhoss(5)

Not Voting: Dusty534, Felice Si, Scarlett_O, wings35

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:30 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:15 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

claudinko - 1 - Royalflush(7)
dejojam1 - 1 - Scarlett_O(1)
FGJustice - 1 - claudinko(3)
oldhoss - 3 - Dusty534(4), wings35(5), Valkerie32(6)
Royalflush - 1 - dejojam1(9)
TWM03 - 1 - claudinko(2)
Valkerie32 - 1 - oldhoss(8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
TWM03 wrote:
Not much seems to have happened yet, so I'll start off the discussion with a talking point:

QUESTION

Who is evil?

Is it:

(a) Me
(b) You
(c) Me and you
(d) Neither me nor you
(e) The mods
(f) Other
(g) Everyone
(h) No one
(i) No comment
(j) Not sure, but Samool is the Sasquatch (even though he isn't in the game)
(k) All of the above

Feel free to reply with your answer. I'm going for (k).

Edit: Not --> Nor
This feels too on the nose to be a sorcerer hint.

Shhh don't tell anyone...

ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
TWM03 wrote:
Well, I looked at everybody's alignment percentages. My vote is well-placed. Claud seems to just attract evilness wherever he goes... A 46% evil rate is even higher than mine, and that is saying something. On another note, Dusty is the goodliest as he has a 0% evil rate.
It is established werewolf fact that people who math at werewolf are evil. Probably. [vote TWM03]

Also tell me about yourself. Like, what are your perfered pronouns so I can instantly forget them and do you have unresolved feelings for the letter Q or the colour pink (I added the 'u' since you are sporting the UK flag and I know how important all the extra 'u'ing is on that side of the Atlantic.. well, not know, but at least I have heard that somebody purred; Which is incontestable proof Of his singular magical powersWait, why am I singing Cats? Damn Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Valkerie32 - 1 - oldhoss(6)
TWM03 - 1 - Valkerie32(10)
oldhoss - 0 - Valkerie32(8)
wings35 - 0 - oldhoss(5)

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

TWM03 - 1 - claudinko(2)
Valkerie32 - 2 - oldhoss(8), TWM03(10)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
TWM03 wrote:
It is established werewolf fact that people who math at werewolf are evil. Probably. [vote TWM03]

Also tell me about yourself. Like, what are your perfered pronouns so I can instantly forget them and do you have unresolved feelings for the letter Q or the colour pink (I added the 'u' since you are sporting the UK flag and I know how important all the extra 'u'ing is on that side of the Atlantic.. well, not know, but at least I have heard that somebody purred; Which is incontestable proof Of his singular magical powersWait, why am I singing Cats? Damn Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer

laugh I'm glad you're here, Valkerie!kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:

That's always nice to hear How are you doing? Anything special going on that you wanna wax philly about? Like, what *do* we owe each other, and can we be sure that failure isn't fatal and success isn't final or is that just like Justice- a thing we believe in that makes us human, but not there, tho because we love it it behaves as though it were.

I'd ask about Thanksgiving plans but wasn't that last month in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:

That's always nice to hear How are you doing? Anything special going on that you wanna wax philly about? Like, what *do* we owe each other, and can we be sure that failure isn't fatal and success isn't final or is that just like Justice- a thing we believe in that makes us human, but not there, tho because we love it it behaves as though it were.

I'd ask about Thanksgiving plans but wasn't that last month in Canada?

I'm soooo glad failure isn't fatal! I'd be long dead. laugh I think you lost me on the other point. I'm not much of a philosopher.

Yes, Canada has Thanksgiving in October. I don't ever do anything to celebrate though, have hardly any family left here in Canada. You have big plans?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
I'm soooo glad failure isn't fatal! I'd be long dead. laugh I think you lost me on the other point. I'm not much of a philosopher.

Yes, Canada has Thanksgiving in October. I don't ever do anything to celebrate though, have hardly any family left here in Canada. You have big plans?
That depends entirely on how you define 'big' I imagine. I mostly scheme at not having to spend time with relatives because I don't like the person I become around them. This isn't very hard tho, just a short conversation that goes something like "Will we see you at Aunt Annie's this year?" followed by "No." Not really a biggie.

As for the other, part of it was a reference to
Quote:

Rainer Maria Rilke

“This is the creature there has never been.
They never knew it, and yet, none the less,
they loved the way it moved, its suppleness,
its neck, its very gaze, mild and serene.

Not there, because they loved it, it behaved
as though it were. They always left some space.
And in that clear unpeopled space they saved
it lightly reared its head, with scarce a trace

of not being there. They fed it, not with corn,
but only with the possibility
of being. And that was able to confer

such strength, its brow put forth a horn. One horn.
Whitely it stole up to a maid - to be
within the silver mirror and in her.”

as applied to
Quote:
Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

I meant philly, like philosophical, not the city. I think I might not be people-ing very well today? I didn't explain very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just gonna assume there's a hint in there, val. Are you the sorc? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Also, TFang, why does it call you an unverified facebook user? the only reason I knew it was you was from the Dr Suess old portion of our old conversation and I remembered I asked to you let me know because I don't check in often. Did you make the facebook mad?

FB has a very bad habit of deciding I am not myself. The longest it has believed me is 3 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_O wrote:
Maybe? I haven't actually gotten on to Cassie to check, yet. It's my very own confusion tactic. I can't act unvillagery if I assume I am a villager, which for all meta purposes makes me bangtan (bulletproof in Korean) until I check so I can confidently laugh to myself when people say dorcus things like they knew I was X all along because, HA *I* didn't know, so HA, nice fantasy. That's my official story anyway. It's prolly not because I can't remember my password and it isn't saved on this computer. That would be silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:

That depends entirely on how you define 'big' I imagine. I mostly scheme at not having to spend time with relatives because I don't like the person I become around them. This isn't very hard tho, just a short conversation that goes something like "Will we see you at Aunt Annie's this year?" followed by "No." Not really a biggie.

As for the other, part of it was a reference to
Quote:

Rainer Maria Rilke

“This is the creature there has never been.
They never knew it, and yet, none the less,
they loved the way it moved, its suppleness,
its neck, its very gaze, mild and serene.

Not there, because they loved it, it behaved
as though it were. They always left some space.
And in that clear unpeopled space they saved
it lightly reared its head, with scarce a trace

of not being there. They fed it, not with corn,
but only with the possibility
of being. And that was able to confer

such strength, its brow put forth a horn. One horn.
Whitely it stole up to a maid - to be
within the silver mirror and in her.”

as applied to
Quote:
Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

I meant philly, like philosophical, not the city. I think I might not be people-ing very well today? I didn't explain very well.

Interesting. And a little depressing... thoughts that there isn't justice and mercy in this world. What's the Rilke quote from?

I totally got that philly was philosophical.

So, no big Thanksgiving plans then. I grew up having no relatives around (outside of immediate family) so it's something I missed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin F
United States
California
flag msg tools
Valkerie32 wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:
Maybe? I haven't actually gotten on to Cassie to check, yet. It's my very own confusion tactic. I can't act unvillagery if I assume I am a villager, which for all meta purposes makes me bangtan (bulletproof in Korean) until I check so I can confidently laugh to myself when people say dorcus things like they knew I was X all along because, HA *I* didn't know, so HA, nice fantasy. That's my official story anyway. It's prolly not because I can't remember my password and it isn't saved on this computer. That would be silly.

I like you. Your eloquence and cadence SCREAM "WRITER!!!" out at me. What do you write? I know you write, don't lie.

vote valk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin F
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dusty534 wrote:
Valkerie32 wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:

I like you. Your eloquence and cadence SCREAM "WRITER!!!" out at me. What do you write? I know you write, don't lie.

vote valk

Dammit! Formatting will get the better of me until the day I die. This is why I decided to be a doctor instead of a programmer. XD

[vote valk]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Valkerie32 - 2 - oldhoss(6), Dusty534(11)
TWM03 - 1 - Valkerie32(10)
oldhoss - 0 - Valkerie32(8)
wings35 - 0 - oldhoss(5)

Not Voting: Felice Si, Scarlett_O, wings35

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Dusty534 - 1 - Valkerie32(11)
TWM03 - 1 - claudinko(2)
Valkerie32 - 2 - oldhoss(8), TWM03(10)

Not Voting: Felice Si, Scarlett_O, wings35

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin F
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dusty534 wrote:
Dusty534 wrote:
Valkerie32 wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:

vote valk

Dammit! Formatting will get the better of me until the day I die. This is why I decided to be a doctor instead of a programmer. XD

[vote valk]

Dusty, by the way. Nice to meet you.

And HELLO to everyone else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claud
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza
mb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:
Maybe? I haven't actually gotten on to Cassie to check, yet. It's my very own confusion tactic.

Hey, this is my tactic angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
TWM03 wrote:

It is also established werewolf fact that I do stuff that sounds evil. Including maths. You can look on my Cassy profile to see that I am M, so he/him. I have fairly null opinions on the letter Q and the colour pink. And I'm not sure what the rest of that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claud
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Quick summary of my views after D0.

Val: lovely posts, a pleasure to read. We should lynch there.
Wings: happy to see new faces. D1 truce, no much posting.
TWM: liked his questions.
Scarlet: wolf looking for her sorc?
Royalf: wolf looking for his sorc?
Oldh: like his tone, but I always do.
FG: nice light entry, but he would not care.
Felice: not focused on the game but on minor things such as philosophy and the meaning of everything.
Dusty: Nice tone. D1 truce.
Dejo: I do not even try, I never understood anything about her alignment in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Claudinko wrote:

Felice: not focused on the game but on minor things such as philosophy and the meaning of everything.
Dejo: I do not even try, I never understood anything about her alignment in the past.

Bit ironic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claud
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
TWM03 wrote:
Claudinko wrote:

Bit ironic?

Only the second sentence. The first one is genuine.

Edit: grammar correction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claud
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ok, quite D1. Even less noise than on D0.

I keep my vote where it is.

For the moment I claim to be tall and beautiful.
In case you do not believe me, I will send you a picture. Still, do not lynch me.

In case I am in LL close to dusk, I will claim to be even taller and more beautiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Horn
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I gave it overnight to let people come in, but now there's a deadline and we need to get to it.

I'm going to start out with a [vote felice] because I feel like she had an opportunity to do something of substance in her interactions with Valkyrie and she didn't.

Also side-eye to Dusty for the same reason, and maybe Scarlett to a lesser extent.

I think Valyrie is probably good; that's just way too much weirdness and exposure for a wolf right out the gate. Claud is probably also good, but less so for me right now.

Neutral on Hoss, but he said he'd be gone yesterday so I'm not looking there yet. Also neutral on Dejo and TWM. I'll be neutral on Royal for now, but squinting.

Need to see material from wings so I can get an impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] |