BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Disappearing topic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I posted a discussion topic earlier today. Within 10 minutes, there was a reply to it, which I only saw a while later, when I logged back in and saw a notification about it. I clicked to view the forum the post is in, and it's absent from the list of conversations. I double-checked, and can find no indication of it being moved.

I've hunted through the site rules, a few FAQs, and other things, and can't find any clear indication of what would have happened to it. There's a suggestion in the wording of one page I found that people flagging a topic as being a rules violation *MIGHT* hide the entire topic. But it isn't stated explicitly, isn't backed up or clarified in any FAQ, and I just don't know. Also, as far as I can tell, there's no indication of anything that even remotely resembles a rules violation in anything I said. And there's the fact that you'd ordinarily expect any rules violation and accompanying moderation to come with some kind of notification to say what happened and why.

Anyone have any clue what happened here? I'd link the topic, but without any information about what the problem might be, I'd rather not risk getting hit with a second violation for reposting if someone were to somehow decide I was breaking a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you'd expect a moderation to come with some kind of explanation, but there are plenty of threads in the Complaint Department about how the mods failed to explain their moderation. It's almost as if they do it to frustrate us. Like that's how they get their jollies.

However, it is possible that you meant to post this in the BGG Bugs forum (https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/88/boardgamegeek/bgg-bugs) and not the Complaint Department. I mean, if you were looking for a solution/explanation and not commiseration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Seek enlightenment in the Bugs forum ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LudesFactor wrote:
Seek enlightenment in the Bugs forum ...
The Buddha wouldn't have got very far with that kind of advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, now I'm both more confused *AND* less confused at the same time. And I suspect the Buddha-worthy advice above might actually have the right of it, since this topic is clearly getting seen and replied to by other users, but it doesn't appear to be there when I look in the complaints department.

I was in fact getting ready to type up a confused request for help to the someone in the admin team.

EDIT: And just to clarify, I *WASN'T* meaning to post this in the bugs forum, because I *DIDN'T* think it was a bug. I thought it was a weird - but intended - method of handling auto-moderation and was wanting some clarification and possibly a review of what I thought was an incorrectly automodded post. Turns out I was mistaken, and it was in fact a bug. Thanks for the help, all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls