Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Matthews
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm positive they aren't. They wrote a piece about our event for 2017, but that's it. They didn't even list us on the website last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Matthews
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They avoided conflicts with tangentially related events, but in turn created conflicts with DIRECTLY related events like UK Games Expo, SALTCon, and within 2 weeks of Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Friedly
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Rather ironic that Pokemon, MtG, and Yu-Gi-Oh are conflicts for them as they would not be conflicts with events here at all. Some of the students would bring their Pokemon, MtG, and/or Yu-Gi-Oh and fit right in with other tables around the commons area where boardgaming is going on. I think an independent international board game day organization could have a broader appeal. Our work with family board game nights at my school and board game nights with high school students are examples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
commadelimited wrote:
They avoided conflicts with tangentially related events, but in turn created conflicts with DIRECTLY related events like UK Games Expo, SALTCon, and within 2 weeks of Origins.

Additional June 1st conflicts with CMON Expo in Atlanta and ConCarolinas in Charlotte.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Matthews
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our registration page for Nashville Tabletop Day is up. If any of you aren't already hosting your own event, and are in the Middle Tennessee area the weekend of April 27th, I'd love to have you join us, it's free. We already have nearly 400 registrations.

https://www.meeplemountain.com/nashville-tabletop-day/

If you have a registration page for your event, share it here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are in our 6th year producing Piedmont Triad's International TableTop Day as our annual community event. Like Meeple Mountain, we too have rejected G&S June 1st date and are holding our event on the last Saturday in April which is the 27th this year.

Our's is also a FREE community event held in central NC. Last year we had sponsors who donated over $3,500 in rewards of games and game accessories and all were given away to atendees.

We had set an attendance goal of 200 but just fell short by 12 guest.
We extednd a public invitation to anyone in Central NC the weekend of April 27th, register and come have fun.

2019 Piedmont Triad's International TableTop Day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billie Lopez
United States
Hopkinsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
new user
So after reading through all of the comments, I have a few incites. If you don't agree feel free to insult me.
1. Having tabletop day at the same time as large gaming expo's might actually encourage people who aren't board gamers to give the expo a try. I am certain an expo that large wouldn't have any problem setting up such a thing as part of the expo.
2. As for Nashville tabletop day. I am very excited for their growth as I only live an hour away, but I do not feel they should dictate the international aspect of board gaming. Also on a side not Nashville and surrounding areas will be an absolute mad house on April 27th this year as that is the same day that Nashville is hosting the NFL Draft and because of this event Nashville has many planned road closures.
3. I believe 2 month's of lead time to know the date was changed is quite sufficient.
All in all my dojo will still host a board game day in April as well as hosting an ITTD game day on June 1st. I sometimes feel like all of the complaints and bad mouthing over simple things gets to be a bit much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All great points Billie. Not in order but here is my response.

Nashville Tabletop Day - Certainly the football needs will compound the logistics in and around Nashville. Its unfortunate but hopefully Andy's team will be prepared.

I'm advocating that TableTop Day, International or not, should try to maintain a universal date from year to year. Free Comic book Day and Free ROG Day have worked to build that consistency.

Keeping the event constant on the same weekend each year will ensures consistency and prosperity for everyone involved.

My main contention is that ITTD is a commercial enterprise and subject to the nonexclusive objectives of serving the retailers interest of money over the altruistic intrest of the greater fan communities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Matthews
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Billie, we're aware of the NFL draft, and have accounted for it. That weekend will be a madhouse in general because the Rock and Roll Marathon is the same weekend. Thankfully our venue is not impacted by race routes, and is just a half mile from the interstate; close enough to downtown to be convenient, but not directly impacted by traffic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
We are in our 6th year producing Piedmont Triad's International TableTop Day as our annual community event. Like Meeple Mountain, we too have rejected G&S June 1st date and are holding our event on the last Saturday in April which is the 27th this year.

Our's is also a FREE community event held in central NC. Last year we had sponsors who donated over $3,500 in rewards of games and game accessories and all were given away to atendees.

We extednd a public invitation to anyone in Central NC the weekend of April 27th, register and come have fun.

Be careful, if you get too popular you might attract some calls from G&S lawyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a side note, while I think it's great that you are hosting these mini cons and I hope you thrive and are a huge success, Tabletop day for me was always more about getting into your local FLGS and supporting them and the community. Of course I'm bias because I have a dozen great stores withing 35 minutes from me so it's fun.

It ultimately doesn't matter for me which day it's on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Who cares?

Board games are bigger than a washed-up actor. We stopped doing ITTD a few years back, and celebrate GenCan't instead.

I see there are no GenCan't dates planned for 2019. Are their dates also going to be different from last year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
[q="CapnYB"]We are in our 6th year producing Piedmont Triad's International TableTop Day as our annual community event. Like Meeple Mountain, we too have rejected G&S June 1st date and are holding our event on the last Saturday in April which is the 27th this year.

Be careful, if you get too popular you might attract some calls from G&S lawyers.

Yes after this year we'll be rebranding to a more generic Piedmont Triad's Tabletop Day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually host a party on International Table Top Day. Usually its in April whenever the official date falls. Since its June 1st this year that works out well since I'm too lazy to clean the house until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
I usually host a party on International Table Top Day. Usually its in April whenever the official date falls. Since its June 1st this year that works out well since I'm too lazy to clean the house until then.

That's one of the main reasons I always try to host the gaming session... otherwise the house would never get cleaned whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.