Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Blomquist
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game looks great, but I'm still not sure if I just want the base game or if I want to get the expansion as well, and that's partially because there's such a paucity of details on what it is and how it works. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Are we going to get more details about the expansion before the campaign ends so we can make an informed decision? Any designers/developers that can weigh in? Anyone who's gotten a chance to try it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phobophille
msg tools
mbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, they've commented that they'be been extremely busy because of Essen but they will be working on showing the Leeghwater rules soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwin Hebot
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Basically the expansion introduces a new management board with additional actions: external works and special buildings. External works give strong boni, but you have to give up resources (instead of getting them back after the wheel turns a full circle).

Each game will have some randomly drawn special building tiles on the new management board. They are additional worker placement spots, but just for those players who built them. They allow to do rule-breaking things like taking a construction tile back from the wheel or taking back half the resources from one part of the wheel. They also give you end game points.

You keep your special buildings on a narrow extra board next to your player board and build it just like dams, conduits, and factories. But instead of placing them on the map, you place them next to one of the special building tiles. Now you can use them as a worker placement spot, competing with other players who built it.

This is what I remember from the demo. Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
marhew wrote:
Basically the expansion introduces a new management board with additional actions: external works and special buildings. External works give strong boni, but you have to give up resources (instead of getting them back after the wheel turns a full circle).

Each game will have some randomly drawn special building tiles on the new management board. They are additional worker placement spots, but just for those players who built them. They allow to do rule-breaking things like taking a construction tile back from the wheel or taking back half the resources from one part of the wheel. They also give you end game points.

You keep your special buildings on a narrow extra board next to your player board and build it just like dams, conduits, and factories. But instead of placing them on the map, you place them next to one of the special building tiles. Now you can use them as a worker placement spot, competing with other players who built it.

It certainly does - I really don't need it and now I know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Luciani
Italy
Fermo
AP
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good description of the basics of the expansion. We developed the expansion and the game as unique game, then we split in the final part of the developmen because we have the feeling it's a too heavy game. So, in my feeling, the expansion is really well integrated with the game. it offers more strategic possibilities, new way to produce energy, to fulfill contracts, to use improved actions (buildings) and new combo (external works).
it also adds new officers and a new board with new powers.

marhew wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Blomquist
United States
Vestal
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is reasonably helpful, thanks. But I do still wonder, what kinds of things do the external workers do? Do people know of any examples? There were a couple of examples of special buildings and that helps give me an idea of how those affect the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagoBaol wrote:
It's a good description of the basics of the expansion. We developed the expansion and the game as unique game, then we split in the final part of the developmen because we have the feeling it's a too heavy game. So, in my feeling, the expansion is really well integrated with the game. it offers more strategic possibilities, new way to produce energy, to fulfill contracts, to use improved actions (buildings) and new combo (external works).
it also adds new officers and a new board with new powers.

marhew wrote:

Thank you for the insight.

It seems like the expansion isn't for everyone, which makes it a reasonable decision to split it from the base game.

However, with that in mind, why did you make it mandatory to buy the expansion in the KS to get the 3D map, if you have the feeling it's too heavy and needed to be split from the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
They are making themselves indeed very difficult.
If you want this you have to buy this and this also.
Not logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
They are making themselves indeed very difficult.
If you want this you have to buy this and this also.
Not logical.

It's very "logical" if you are an IT geek (as well as boardgame geek too). They applied the IFTTT framework, which is IF THIS THEN THAT. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.