11 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarification on some cards (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Hello I need help with the rules for some cards:

1. #143 "Ouch!" - It says that you should take 6 damage in a fight to complete that quest. Does it have to be exactly 6 damage or can it be more than 6 damage?
1. Can be more than 6, Moira is not thaaat picky.

2. #052 "Sleeping Giant" - It says you should fight a super mutant. Do you also have to win the fight to complete the quest?
2. It very clearly states in the rules reference that when a quest states "draw and fight" that the survivor must kill the enemy to succeed.

3. Junk - Can you discard two junk cards and take a companion from the shop even if you don't have the trait or S.P.E.C.I.A.L token needed to normally acquire the companion? And if you can, can you only have it in your inventory or are you also allowed to use it despite not having the required trait or S.P.E.C.I.A.L token?
3. You can take them. Once a companion is in your inventory, the required acquiring condition is no longer relevant, but you must then respect the condition related to unexhaustion.

4. If you have exhausted a weapon due to a text-ability, can you still use the exhausted weapons in fights for re-rolls and the ranged weapon attribute?
Yes

5. Item - Weapon - "Ripper": Has a text ability that says "If you roll a *arms+1hit* result, you may spend 1 reroll to change a die to match that result". If I interpreted the text correctly it means:
If you get *arms+1hit* result on any die, then IF you have a reroll available you can change the result of ANOTHER die that is not *arms+1hit* to also become a *arms+1hit* result. Can this only be done in fights or also in skillchecks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can be more than 6, Moira is not thaaat picky. And it is card 143.

2. Fighting it is enough. You don’t have to win. If you have to win, it will be written « kill [name of ennemy] ». See card 107 for an example.

3. You can take them. Once a companion is in your inventory, the required acquiring condition is no longer relevant, but you must then respect the condition related to unexhaustion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Burns
United States
Haltom City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:

2. Fighting it is enough. You don’t have to win. If you have to win, it will be written « kill [name of ennemy] ». See card 107 for an example.

Wrong. It very clearly states in the rules reference that when a quest states "draw and fight" that the survivor must kill the enemy to succeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dburns214 wrote:

Quote:

Wrong. It very clearly states in the rules reference that when a quest states "draw and fight" that the survivor must kill the enemy to succeed.

I might be mistaken then. Do you have the rule page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Thanks for the clarification Daniel, it makes more sense playing that way.

I added another question to the OP:

4. If you have exhausted a weapon due to a text-ability, can you still use the exhausted weapons in fights for re-rolls and the ranged weapon attribute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb123123 wrote:

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebbe Sebbe
msg tools
Added another question:

5. Item - Weapon - "Ripper": Has a text ability that says "If you roll a *arms+1hit* result, you may spend 1 reroll to change a die to match that result". If I interpreted the text correctly it means:
If you get *arms+1hit* result on any die, then IF you have a reroll available you can change the result of ANOTHER die that is not *arms+1hit* to also become a *arms+1hit* result. Can this only be done in fights or also in skillchecks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb123123 wrote:
Added another question:

I play the weapon as you do.

It would be weird to use the weapon in skillcheck imho. « Look at my blood-tainted Ripper, it makes me so much more charismatic!! »

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plem R
msg tools
Seb123123 wrote:
Added another question:

Despite of no text "During the fight", I also agree to use this opportunity only in fight, not in tests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.