Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my rather shameless plug for my most recent contribution to the 'geek: an MS Excel spreadsheet that keeps track of all games you've played, as well as performing statistical analysis on the data and producing some (in my opinion) rather fun and interesting graphs and player "scoresheets". However, seeing as the file is (rightfully) buried in Misc. Game Accessory, I thought I'd plug it here. Typically I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have had many who have used or seen the sheet tell me I should mass market it (for money no less). I'd much prefer for geeks worldwide (or at least the ones that can run MS Excel) to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

http://boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/26466

I am still updating the file from time to time with new features (like custom portraits for the trends graphs, and a versus mode of analysis). If you have any questions on the sheet or how to use it, just send me a geekmail (after reading the readme of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Plugging my newest contribution: Want stats? I've got
That is really cool. Thanks!

If you update it, can you post an announcement in this thread? I have subscribed to this thread and will be able to know that a new version is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you snag the info we log into BGG. There's no way I'm going to re-enter info. I do realize that BGG doesn't log finish positions (winner etc) but that matters much less to me than which games I've played and how often. The game's ratings are a representation of their accumulated fun and serve my purpose better than tracking what my average finish position is. To each his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RaDiKal wrote:
Can you snag the info we log into BGG. There's no way I'm going to re-enter info. I do realize that BGG doesn't log finish positions (winner etc) but that matters much less to me than which games I've played and how often. The game's ratings are a representation of their accumulated fun and serve my purpose better than tracking what my average finish position is. To each his own.

I considered learning how to download information from the 'geek if you gave it a username. I learned what you did though, that the 'geek doesn't record finish and score, which is essentially at the heart of what my sheet does. I created more of an individual and game by game statistical and trend analyzer, BGG is a little more just "what did you play and when".

I would imagine that the best use of transferring the 'geek's game played data would be to put it on the calendar. If you can think of something more it relates to, let me know and perhaps I'll add it if I have free time.

--To the other question, if I update the file I'll post info here too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
V2.1 was just uploaded. I'll let interested parties mess around and see what's new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Plugging my newest contribution: Want stats? I've got
ptper wrote:
V2.1 was just uploaded. I'll let interested parties mess around and see what's new.

Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/file/info/26466

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.