Normandy: The Beginning of the End» Forums » Rules

Subject: Charging cavalry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Piont raised previously, with PtH. A charging cavalry is not a moving target, DRM wise.
If you follow the combat chart DRM, you would apply both charging cavalry DRM with moving target DRM which is simply too much.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Carlos Cebrián
msg tools
madpax wrote:
Pont raised previously, with PtH. A charging cavalry is not a moving target, DRM wise.
If you follow the combat chart DRM, you would apply both charging cavalry DRM with moving target DRM which is simply too much.

Marc

Hi Marc

You apply charging cavalry DRM only
like inf moving double time only apply this modifier and not move too

regards

JCC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ADDA Marc
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
JCC, just note that it can be confusing when the player have to decide which modifier to use and which not to use.

A charging cavalry is obviously moving. Hence, it should also suffer the moving modifier which it shouldn't (I know because I asked the question some times ago).

Same thing about double time not cumulative with moving target.

Also note that in 12.4.3, firing at cavalery gets a -1 modifier which isn't located in the combat chart.

So to summarize:

- Firing at cavalry gets a -1 (big target)
- Firing at a moving target gets a -1
- Firing at a cavalry charge gets...? Well here I suppose this modifier shouldn't exist as it is already included in the previous ones.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.