Terraforming Mars: Colonies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aridor with Prelude rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jo Re
msg tools
Hello to everyone,

I have a question relating to the combination of prelude and colonies:
do the tags on prelude cards count towards Aridors effect?

I suppose they do (they are played after Aridor is revealed).

In the prelude cards there are several cards with two tags. So if Aridor takes two ot those it additionally gets 4 MC production. Thats quite a lot.

I just played my first game of colonies (together with venus and prelude expansion) and it ended after 10 minutes because the other player quit after my first action. I guess I was a bit lucky because I got Lunar Exports on my starting hand together with two prelude cards with two tags each. So together with the two tags on Lunar Exports I raised my MC Production to 11 on my first action.

Have I just been really lucky or has Aridor really good starting conditions with prelude?

Cheers INSANE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course preludes count, aridor triggers on new tags entering play, it doesn't mention project cards specifically and it has been clarified several times that preludes (and corporations) count for things that depend on tags entering play unless said otherwise.

I'm not sure prelude is that good for them though, they might get a similar assortment of tags by playing project cards in the 1st/2nd generation and they benefit from a longer game. It does seem you got lucky as there are only 5 prelude cards with 2 tags and several of them have common tags between them. But the combinations of preludes that would let you get this high income are not that good by themselves, and they would mean you probably wouldn't get much else from the corporation in a while. I wouldn't have quit against that case.

Just my thoughts, though I haven't played with aridor so I might be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
INSANE4EVER wrote:
do the tags on prelude cards count towards Aridors effect?

I suppose they do (they are played after Aridor is revealed).

Yes, that is precisely why you first reveal corporations (in player order) and buy your starting project cards, and then reveal Preludes.

The same is true for other interactions, like Tharsis Republic benefitting from a city placed via Prelude (like Early Settlement).

Quote:
Have I just been really lucky or has Aridor really good starting conditions with prelude?

I haven't given Aridor much thought, but it's true in principle: Aridor can receive an extra boost from Preludes in that they benefit directly from tags on them. There are other corps which do too (Saturn Systems, Splice, Recyclon come to mind), but not quite as much.

However as Ido said, it's in no way a given that they get that much extra income in the very first generation, and it's just as likely to get as many early tags from project cards. I wouldn't necessarily pick a certain Prelude just to maximize Aridor M€ production, when another Prelude suits my starting hand better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.