Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i saw a thread indicating that the slavery/abolishion of slavery aspect of the game is diminished because of the ability to draw cards from closed regions.
Wondering if this could be made more interesting if the slavery cards were still placed in numerical value order, but the draw value to select the card is no longer required. So each slavery card could be selected regardless of draw value.

I believe this would result in these cards being more valuable early on creating more of a dynamic to abolish slavery during the game.

Would like to try it out, but have limited opportunities to, so interested to hear thoughts if it has value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Dayton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played the new version, so don't experience with how the older version plays. However, in the 4 games I've played so far slavery cards were still taken in each game due to their high Industry values. They make it easier to more quickly claim higher level buildings. I guess I should also mention that I've only played 4 and 5 player games so the other region cards as well as shipping track and city tokens for Industry were highly sought after, so slavery provided another good option. Again, I haven't played the older version and only have 4 plays of the new version but have felt that the slavery cards were very viable as is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brocker
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
Omnigamer and Devourer of Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually thought about removing the level 0 slavery card due to how powerful it is and the fact that you don't have any requirements for it. I don't think the slavery cards need to be made more powerful in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
We played last night for the first time.

Only two players went for slavery cards. One of them basically pushed enough other players out of Europe to be the only one to be able to go deep into either Europe deck; no one was trying to push back against him to go through the regular Europe deck and end slavery.

He came in fifth. The other slaver came in 4th. Which seems a little strange, considering slavery seems to give an advantage with the only risk being if it ends during the game (and it did NOT end in our game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.