Subject: Pimping it up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game and would like to pimp it up a bit.

I found some fantastic buttons that work brilliantly for sparks/flares (they are black with a pearly grey front) and some for guardians. I particularly wanted to replace the sparks and guardian tokens because I found the card tokens a bit difficult to see at a glance.

I'd love to find some hacker figures - happy to paint them up. Anyone know of anything suitable?

As for the contaminants and installations: slightly trickier because of the double-sided contaminants and the symbols on them all (which are not essential, but I wanted to keep them). Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B.
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Lorenthia is gone, The Shadow Deep has swallowed it whole.
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics of the buttons? Where did you find them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:
I love this game and would like to pimp it up a bit.

I found some fantastic buttons that work brilliantly for sparks/flares (they are black with a pearly grey front) and some for guardians. I particularly wanted to replace the sparks and guardian tokens because I found the card tokens a bit difficult to see at a glance.

I'd love to find some hacker figures - happy to paint them up. Anyone know of anything suitable?

As for the contaminants and installations: slightly trickier because of the double-sided contaminants and the symbols on them all (which are not essential, but I wanted to keep them). Any thoughts?

I was quickly looking around for some "hacker minis" too. There are some cool "cyberpunk" minis but it seems like they are always holding weapons and not sure that fits the bill here. I'll be eyeing this thread.

Can you post a pic of the buttons you found?

Edit: Check out some of the Chronoscope minis from Reaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple of images which I think show what I have well enough. I picked them up at a local sewing shop - not a particularly significant shop, but I have often found buttons can work for these sorts of things.

The square buttons have a ridge pattern on one side and are plain on the other, so work well for Guardian/Firewall. I might fill the holes, although they don't bother me that much. I like the Spark buttons alot, because they have a solid feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chrononauts tip could be good. I am checking them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to find characters without huge guns, but Iron Wind seems to have some possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derek Long wrote:
Hard to find characters without huge guns, but Iron Wind seems to have some possibilities.

I'll check that out. It would be nice to have some decent miniatures for these characters. A simple, yet nice upgrade. I'm not a huge fan of "standees."

I'll keep looking as well and if anyone comes up with anything, please post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps these starship terminals painted the colors for their respective installations?

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/computer/sku-down/800...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberpunk / steampunky minis I'd like as "avatars", but don't exactly match a character:
Android: https://www.blacksunminiatures.co.uk/product/android/

Cybergirl (75mm => bigger than I'd wish, but I like the sculpt)https://www.blacksunminiatures.co.uk/product/cybergirl/

"Guardian", which happens to be painted yellow on this image, and I think would be fun to have for this, except again not the right scale, but still sharing to give you more ideas:
https://www.blacksunminiatures.co.uk/product/guardian-pre-or...

(I'm sure these minis can be found in other stores - I just remembered finding them there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the terminals - although 25 of them would be quite pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been searching around here and there but can't find anything that could serve as an "avatar" for the Renegades on the board. I was really looking for something generic at this point as I mostly play solo. Anything that comes close has a gun so I may just go that route or remove the weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Long
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having spent some effort searching, I also decided generic was better than miniatures and am currently going to try Gamecrafter avatar pieces:

This is their blue transparent one. They do yellow, green, red and purple. They also have some cubes in the same colours I am sourcing for the installations and black ones for guardians (I will put silver paint on one side for firewalls). I also looked at their "future cubes" for the installations - some texture, but opaque. Not sure which I will prefer.

For the contaminants I am still thinking about things. Currently considering sourcing transparent coloured acrylic counters that might be stuck onto the two sides of the cardboard tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.