Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question on how to calculate the Dahan+4.

Does each hut have 2+4=6 defense now? or all combined+4?

Simple example: 1 land with 4 Dahan, 1 city, 1 town, 4 explorers.

How to resolve ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Zang
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a total of 9 damage in this ravage. One Dahan takes 6, and is removed. Another Dahan takes 3, and is still alive. Dahan counter attack for 2 damage each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zangzabar wrote:
There is a total of 9 damage in this ravage. One Dahan takes 6, and is removed. Another Dahan takes 3, and is still alive. Dahan counter attack for 2 damage each.

Aha! So every Dahan has 6 defense.
Thx so much for the quick answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may nitpick for a moment, the Dahan have health, not defense.

Normally I would ignore terminology things like this, except defense provided by spirit powers protects the Dahan and the land, but Dahan don't protect the land by being present, so the distinction is important.

Of course, Infinite Vitality protects the land itself, but understanding that the Dahan don't provide defense is important for normal Ravages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if this is an issue with back-translating from German? Maybe we need a FAQ page with German-English equivalents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point!
The german card actually says +4 "Abwehrkraft" which would translate into "Defense strength". EDIT:mThis isnt commonly used as a keyword in the game. The keyword in the german rulebook for Dahan "Health" as you describe it , is "Abwehrkraft" ! I had missed that
That probably is where my initial confusiong came from because I had another card in combination that had "Verteidgen 5 " (defend for 5). I knew how that card worked. but didnt know how to add all together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.