Subject: Searing Heat Encounter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

So in Cynder, the encounter "Searing Heat" says that all heroes on the tile's max grit is reduced to 1.
If a hero with full grit enters this tile does he loose all his current grit to the limit of 1, when he steps onto another tile does he regain his previous maxed grit?
The card doesn't say extra grit is lost so it's a bit ambiguous.
I had a hero jumping back and forth into searing heat during a battle and I wasn't too sure how to work that one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only give you my opinion on this, but if on the tile you are max grit 1 so yeah you definitely lose any points you have over 1. So it could get goofy if you move off the tile, gain a grit or two and then move back on and lose it again.

I don't think there is any clarification on this, but unless stated otherwise you cannot have over your max grit. And there is no mechanism to automatically restore to max grit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lewis
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grit is not a pool that you start at max and spend, like mana in many games. Max Grit is more of a cap. So, if your Max Grit is lowered, you lose any Grit above that max. If your Max is increased, you still only have the points you already have, you just have more room to gain Grit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may immediately spend the Grit to bring it down to 1, as when you gain Grit by rolling a one for movement when at Max Grit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

Agreed, I played it that basically I lost all the grit up to 1 I had and when I went back onto the tile from one without searing heat I lost anything above 1. It's a bit confusing....and it sucked because I was fighting Belial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.