Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have Quest and I also own every core/expansion for Thunderstone Advance minus Numenera. The core set (Advance) was played twice and the others ones never got to the table. Quest has been to the table more. So what I’m wondering is, should I hold onto Advance in the hopes I’ll get it to the table again? Does Quest completely replace it? And what is its’ value in the current market? Would you sell it as a bundle or Individually? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I feel really bad about my Thunderstone+Thunderstone Advance set.

I didn't back Thunderstone Quest initially because I had all that previous stuff, but when I played it and it was so much better I sighed and paid the $230 knowing it was more painful because my previous stuff was useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I find the card mix of having the originals and expansions makes for a different experience than Quest. I'm still warming to Quest, and while new players seem to prefer it, I'm happy to bring out the original as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From my experience playing TQ, I will probably hunt the older stuff to add to my collection. Unless space is an issue for you, keep it is my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Clouthier
United States
Grand Blanc
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own everything TS AEG ever produced. As a fan of this games and collector I’m holding on to everything even though the prior iterations may get far less table since TSQ arrived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluss Burrito
Germany
NW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep it for sure, I still dont like quest and the new Single Player barricade Mode Feels very much „Pasted on Last Minute“ to get people on a Second Ks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Space isn’t an issue and keeping them certainly isn’t doing any harm lol I like both editions of the game but my groups tend to favor Quest a little more. Thanks for the replies! I’ll most likely hold onto everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.