Sagrada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Running Pliers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
The card reads, "After your first turn, immediately draft a die. Skip your next turn this round." It sound like you get to draft a place a second die right away, but lose your next turn. When you draft and place the second die, can you also play a second tool if you wanted to? My guess is no. You'r enot getting a full second turn, but only a second draft? A second turn including the option to play another tool would probably be over-powered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:
The card reads, "After your first turn, immediately draft a die. Skip your next turn this round." It sound like you get to draft a place a second die right away, but lose your next turn. When you draft and place the second die, can you also play a second tool if you wanted to? My guess is no. You'r enot getting a full second turn, but only a second draft? A second turn including the option to play another tool would probably be over-powered.

Basically you get to draft both your dice for the round right away. This could be helpful, for instance, towards the end of the game when you are running out of placements on your player board, and two dice come up that you can use, and you don't want other players to snatch up the second one before your second draft that round.

You draft your first die, use the tool to draft your second die, then everyone else goes. When it gets back to you that round you do nothing, since you have already drafted both dice that round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Raggio
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

Basically you get to draft both your dice for the round right away. This could be helpful, for instance, towards the end of the game when you are running out of placements on your player board, and two dice come up that you can use, and you don't want other players to snatch up the second one before your second draft that round.

You draft your first die, use the tool to draft your second die, then everyone else goes. When it gets back to you that round you do nothing, since you have already drafted both dice that round.

So, no option to use a second tool, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret it as drafting a die as a result of the card play and not a second turn. Since you then don’t get a 2nd turn, no more tool use that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johnraggio wrote:

Correct. That's how I would interpret it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
CavemanLogic wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

Confirmed. It's not taking another turn (where you can draft and use a tool), it's just drafting a(nother) die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Floodgate wrote:
CavemanLogic wrote:
johnraggio wrote:

Confirmed. It's not taking another turn (where you can draft and use a tool), it's just drafting a(nother) die.

Ben Harkins! Are you gonna be at BGG.Con again next week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.