Arnaud de Peretti
France
flag msg tools
If an active guérilla is moving in an adjacent area, and of course with less than 3 pieces and no support, is it flipped on the underground side?
For me a guerilla stay active except if rally with base or during propaganda phase of course.
Thanks for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It stays active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what is being modeled here is that once the guerrilla group or cell is active then they have been "marked" by the Government and their movements and activities are being watched, tracked, and monitored until the Government can either take an action against them or they are finally able to disperse into the background.

That's why they remain active even when moving. It takes work to get them off of the Government's radar and making them underground again (typically at a base) may even represent that individual members of that particular group known to the Government have been relocated to training or other staff duties and replaced with field operatives. Thus that's why the group can be placed upside-down again to denote being underground. That particular "cell" or guerrilla group has ceased to exist.

Just the way I think about it anyway. Oh yeah - and when a guerrilla is "underground" the Government simply knows that the unit is operating out of that region - they don't have enough information to take an action against them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly right, Matt.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphan Tasky
France
flag msg tools
ardepe wrote:
For me a guerilla stay active except if rally with base or during propaganda phase of course.

There is another way to flip an active guerilla on its underground side.
If no guerilla is available, you can use Rally operation to relocate an active guerilla on the map in another sector where it will be placed on its underground side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.