Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by some of the language on the axis bot.

On the Action Selection Start chart, in the diamond in the bottom left corner, it says:

Axis could attack Center with greater than or equal to Axis than Allied fleets OR no fortifications?

I can't make heads nor tails of this English.

Help a brother out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to look at the complete logic behind this part of the flow chart.

I break up the different lines of logic and follow the lines:
------------------------------------------------------

The Axis could Attack a Center.

The condition is that the Axis has more or equal number of Fleets there OR...

The Center has no Fortifications.

------------------------------------------------------

If Yes then IF Soviet/German Pact in Force AND a 1d6>4 AND this is not a bonus action : Attack the Soviet Union (per the Barbarossa box).

If NO then look if the AI Bot has the Bismark (ship) card event.

If it has the Bismark go to the specific Sea Attack box and when conquered place a Fleet as a Bonus.

If there is no Bismark go attack an unfortified center and fortify it as a Bonus.

Probably the difficutly of understanding the first line (which you mentioned) was caused by the fact the sentence mixes both Sea Centers and Land Centers.

But as you follow the different YES/NO logic following that sentence you clearly see that the initial question is related to a possible Sea Center OR a normal Land Center attack (with no fortifications).

Happy gaming

Edit: As you can see the AI Bot will mostly try only to attack a non fortified Center and there is a very small chance it will attack a fortified Center (further down the AI Chart logic).

I thought at first this was a hic up but actually ... the fact the AI only reluctantly and rarely attacks a fortified Center is a quite nice and innovative mechanic that can be used in a dual strategy.

You can fortify a Center, but then it will probably not attack and get Event Cards OR - when you see the cards are right - do NOT fortify a particular Center as the player and try to lure the AI in stepping into a trap if the AI does not really have the Land Attack event cards or Combat cards.

As it stands the AI is built up to defend what it already has as early as 1942 and the difficulty for the player is rather steep to win the war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.