6 Posts

Discover: Lands Unknown» Forums » General

Subject: Thought i had scenario 1 beat..... nope different goals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas cain
Canada
flag msg tools
Just when you think you can skip a step or two and you recall the order things have to be done in, the other card is drawn.

Wow after 4 games I'm still working on scenario 1. Maybe next time I will not skip steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This, of course, means nothing to any of us, unless you tell us which of the many scenario 1's you're playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas cain
Canada
flag msg tools
Sorry. Scenario 1 was island.

My comment is more about the thought about skipping steps to perhaps save time and be efficient. I thought that this was possible, but was unlucky in the end.

I interested in what others find. Do you attempt to figure out the chain of events and stick to the longest route to get to the end, or do you figure out the chain and take shortcuts and hope that the cards you took out of the deck (because scenario setup) work in your favour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Island can have different scenarios

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in my scenario 1 the removed cards are simple duplicates, so they don't have any effect in the scenario, they just prevent you from getting certain key items multiple times.

Also, in our scenario 1, there wasn't much choice, there was one path through it and that's all, no alternatives really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Which Scenario pack do you have? In the corner it will show 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or 1.4.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.