4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Leder games for 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Barnes
United States
flag msg tools
I've really wanted to try either Vast: The Crystal Caverns or Root because I like the concept, artwork, and themes, but I've heard Root isn't good at all for 2 players and my husband and I are the usual fair for my purchases. Is Vast any better in this regard? Also, some have described Vast as overcomplicated and that Root streamlines it's concept. What makes Vast worth playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask this in the Root forums (under "General").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Root is the better 2p game of the two, though neither is best at 2.

Vast shines best when it has a full complement of players/factions present to play off of each other. It has a steep learning curve, but a fascinating system of interaction between everyone.

Root can handle only having 2 factions present much better, though some pairing are definitely more lopsided than others. They recommend playing 2 games and swapping factions to see who does best overall as the 2p game. The expansion adds an AI cat player which turns it into essentially a 3p game, which helps out as well. There are print and play options for the AI cats as well, since the expansion probably isn't worth the cost just for that part of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
loon wrote:
You should ask this in the Root forums (under "General").

I don’t agree, but it should be under “Recommendations”.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.