Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the AH playmat FFG is going to sell very unthematic and they (or someone else) should make a much darker one that blends the game board much better?

The fact that you can "see through" the game board bothers me quite a bit. It really stops me from being totally immersed in the game. It feels a bit unthematic.

I would really like FFG to make a generic dark "Arkham city" player mat instead of the brownish one with the slightly hilarious looking investigators in the car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
badge
But what is the question?
mbmbmbmbmb

Mikael I like better the dark colors of the AH:LCG playmat too. I think they have the same dimensions so maybe get that one instead?

I always use felt when playing boardgames so I got it covered that way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greeek geek wrote:

Mikael I like better the dark colors of the AH:LCG playmat too. I think they have the same dimensions so maybe get that one instead?

I always use felt when playing boardgames so I got it covered that way...

I already have that one. But it is not enough for me not to be bothered by the new game board sadly. I need a mat that blends the hexes and the mat much much better. A large dark mat with city streats, dark alleys, houses etc. should do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Varney
msg tools

I totally agree, don't like the one they plan to release either. I'd planned to use my arkham horror LCG playmat. It has the needed theme but not the darkness required to take it to the next level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
Varnster501 wrote:

I totally agree, don't like the one they plan to release either. I'd planned to use my arkham horror LCG playmat. It has the needed theme but not the darkness required to take it to the next level

That's wonderful! How did you come across that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Varney
msg tools
spotH3D wrote:
Varnster501 wrote:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MomoMonsterCo

Thanks but the credit must go to Momo Monster, her Arkham horror designs are simply just brilliant and available in all different sizes to suit your individual needs. Ive download 3 of her playmays to date and get them printed through Patriot Games uk who provide a great service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spotH3D wrote:
Varnster501 wrote:

i've seen her mats. No one of them works for me, perhaps some of her first ones with the star signs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Varney
msg tools

Considering this design, but not 100% sure yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Varnster501 wrote:

Yup, that´s the one. I want one on a mousepad-type mat though. Can you buy those?

But i want something else. More subtle artwork of a dark city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Quest
United States
Newington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I wished they commissioned new art for it. I have been using my generic X-Wing star field mat for most games like Twilight Imperium. I'll probably is it here too. It's 3x3 and not very distracting. I'm not sure if the green Arkham two player mat would be big enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McGonigle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Totally agree with the dislike of the official playmat.
I quite like the idea of one that looks like the promo deluxe rulebook.
http://www.blackfire.eu/img/25187_tiugsz7.png

I also like the idea of the dark reaches of space being behind Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Varney
msg tools
CeeTee2001 wrote:
Varnster501 wrote:

Yup, that´s the one. I want one on a mousepad-type mat though. Can you buy those?

But i want something else. More subtle artwork of a dark city.

I think Deep Cut Studios offer different types like mouse mat, pvc etc.
You could always contact Andresia at Momo Monster see if she could come up with anything to suit your needs, she's really helpful and usually responds fairly quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I lay down my X-Wing plain star field mat. The stars are right, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ladd
msg tools
I use my starfield mat as well. It really does look good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skotothalamos wrote:
I lay down my X-Wing plain star field mat. The stars are right, after all.

d_ladd wrote:
I use my starfield mat as well. It really does look good.

I understand. I wish that there were a nice dark city map. Looked at Deep cut studios and InkedGaming, none there unfortunately. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.