Orbis» Forums » General

Subject: Temples overpowered in 2-player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gray
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased this at Essen Spiel 2018 and very much enjoying it.

However, I play 90% of my games 2-player as I play only with my girlfriend most of the time. The temple tokens used in the 2-player game are values 7 and 2. Given that scores in Orbis are often very close, often in the range 15-20, all our games come down to whoever has the most temples, over and above almost any other strategy. We have played many games and only once has the player without the 7 point temple token won the game.

I appreciate that there are many other ways to score and that it is up to the player with the minority of temples to find other ways to win the game. But in the 2-player game, it just feels like a 5 point gain (or 7 point gain if the other player has no temples) is too much.

We are tempted to use the 4 and 2 point temple tokens instead of 7 and 2 (or at least the 7 and 4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kim
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have the same feeling for 3 players as well to be honest. its also 9-4-2.

I think you could feel free to change this at will. But I guess the designer of the game have thought about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvia Van Welie
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game three times with two players. Three times I had the 2 point temple and three times I won the game. So I think there are enough other ways to win the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.