Subject: Yes & No's of Through The Desert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan barroso
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a 2-5 tile (camel) placement by Reiner Knizia.
There are some thread explaining how the game works so I will only make a brief summary of it.

In Through the Desert, you have to earn points, into the game by getting the water pits or reaching the oasis and in the end of the game by having the largests caravans of camels in each color and by enclosing areas of the board.

There are 5 different colors of camels

At the begining of the game, each player places her caravan leaders (one each turn)

Once done this, player places 2 camels of any color, always connected to her caravans. When one color of camels is empty, the game ends.
The player with more points wins the game.

Yes

-The components are really nice, the camels look great, the board is solid, and the oasis, the water pits and the point tokens are ok.
-There are 0 luck factor, a bit of randomness when setting the water pits and the oasis, but after that, there is no dice, no draws, only two camels.
-Two camels, too many options. In this game there are 5 different caravans for each player but only 2 camels per turn, You have to decide well; Did I prefer to go for this oasis, or to enlarge the blue caravan? Wait!! I have to block the purple player, she is enclosing a great area.
-Lots of interaction, because the ways to score.

No

-The amount o different colors, is easy, with a bad light to confuse some of the camels (for me, blue with green and white with pink)

That's all in the NO section I think I love this game.

I hope some enjoyed this review
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.