Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
In the files section for this game I posted up a Microsoft Excel worksheet I built. It's a file for computing the odds distribution of hits, given which dice you're rolling.

Legion Dice Calculator

Set the number of dice, whether you convert on attack surges, and any keywords on the left side of the page. The right side of the page shows the hit distribution numbers. Note the maximum values listed. Input limiters are needed on spreadsheets like this. You cna't have more than 9 of each type of die.

This is most useful for answering some questions about the odds of success on different attacks, and for determining the efficacy of different weapons. So, let's take a Rebel Trooper unit, for instance.

When shooting at stormtroopers, a unit of 5 Rebel troopers does an average of 1.25 hits of damage. Most often (39.55% of the time) you kill one stormtrooper. If you add a Z-6 your average number of hits goes up to 2.00. Adding an MPL-7 Ion increases average damage against stormtroopers to 2.00, also. (But remember that the MPL-7 is an exhaust item!)

Against an AT-ST, on the other hand, average damage from troopers by shooting is 0.42. 64.72% of the time you do zero damage. Add a Z-6 and that number rises to 0.92. Add an MPL-7 and you get average damage of 1.24.

On defense, on the other hand, 5 stormtroopers shooting at Rebel troopers average 0.83 hits. Add an aim token (with precise 1 for stormtroopers)? That number jumps to 1.31. Add a Rebel dodge token? Back down to 0.88 hits. Heavy cover and a dodge token reduce to an average of 0.66 hits.

Dodge and cover are really, really useful. And that consequently makes Blast really useful, as well.

Anyway, if you're interested it's a fun toy to play around with. Let me know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.