Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd or 4th Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, on Amazon in England they sell the 2nd Edition. But is there a newer 4th Edition?

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition = ZMAN version (great)
4th edition = newest Portal version (great...er?)

Not much difference between the two. I own the 2nd edition and feel quite happy with it. But if I were purchasing new today, I'd go for the 4th edition...probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
Biltong wrote:
Hi, on Amazon in England they sell the 2nd Edition. But is there a newer 4th Edition?

Many thanks.

The quickest way to find the answer to such a question is to simply go to the game page (click on the game's name) and click on Versions, one of the menu options just below the topmost section. Doing that, you'll see this link: English fourth edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
See this post
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/29111819#29111819
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Koenig
Germany
Fuerth
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
Tom is crazy!
mbmbmbmbmb
All you need is the new rulebook (available as download), in terms of components I don't think it matters much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Mechaniac wrote:
All you need is the new rulebook (available as download), in terms of components I don't think it matters much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Villa
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the 4th edition. It is a huge improvement. The updated rulebook alone is worth it, but in addition you get a bunch of upgraded components and items that were paid promos available for the earlier version (wooden resources, extra scenario, pawn stickers) that cost $15+ previously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just the greatly improved rulebook (which henceforth makes it much less likely that the need will arise to consult the FAQs and rules forums for clarifications). I remember hearing somewhere that hundreds of improvements to card text have been made in the 4th (2016) ed. and that's a big part of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caylusboy wrote:
It's not just the greatly improved rulebook (which henceforth makes it much less likely that the need will arise to consult the FAQs and rules forums for clarifications). I remember hearing somewhere that hundreds of improvements to card text have been made in the 4th (2016) ed. and that's a big part of the game!

Yes - I had the Zman edition and am pleased I upgraded to the new edition. The cards and scenarios are much clearer now.

It’s only a shame the additional materials from the Portal site are still being produced with poor English, but the boxed components are fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the old cover art, but that's the only thing to like about the old version. I implemented most of these changes in my old z-man edition so I won't be upgrading. I like most how the old rules "explain nothing" laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.