Hide
4 Posts

Heroes of Land, Air & Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Which add ons are worth getting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant F.
msg tools
I have the all everything pledge and still want to add a few things if they really enhance play.

From what I know these are the additions:

Playmat,
Master Sleeve Pack
Pestilence Booster Pack
painted Mini's.

Of these I will get the painted mini's for sure as it helps distinguish the types better.

How many sleeves are in the master sleeve pack? I think it is a special one with a design in the backing? If not essential I would just get FFG sleeves.

Is the booster pack necessary and does it enhance play?

Playmat - I will pass as it is designed for 6.

I sent them an email so maybe they will answer soon, but I'd like other opinions too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bry K
msg tools
I have the sleeves, painted minis, playmat (got at Origins instead of first kickstarter) and have ordered full pestilence.

I personally feel if your table can handle the playmat I would get it if you normally will play at 4 players as having 2 empty continents I feel is better than 1.

It really matters how tight you want your games to be. Exploration I feel at any player count and continent count to be the least likely to trigger in my experience. So I don't mind having extra continents.

I haven't had time to paint the non heroes yet, so I do appreciate the heroes being painted.

There are the siege, mercenaries, and nomads which are also probably not needed, but I have them and will use them with experienced players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I would take the mercenaries and the pestilence booster pack as both have gameplay additions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nestor Quintero
msg tools
I got the sleeves, quality is great. They have the game's card back for the spells and tactic cards printed on their backs.

But they are very expensive. I got them only because Im charmed by gamelyn games.. I would not buy them again if they break (They include only 4-6 spare ones)

But I'm not charmed enough to get the mat . It is just so expensive when compared to the actual game and expansions.

I paid for the pestilence booster pack, but again, I know I am overpaying..

The painted minis are cheap though - But I paint my own ; if you have an eye for the painting hobby the quality is.. well.. low cost as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.