Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: UNMI or Teractor? How to play this starting hand...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Han
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
So I was spectating a friend play a 3p game on Steam with no preludes, no draft, and I disagreed with his starting card/corp choices, along with his 2nd draft choices.

You are Starting player.

Teractor 60 ME
UNMI 40 ME

Extreme Cold Fungus 13 (+1plant/+2microbes)
Industrial Microbes 12 (+1power/+1steel)
Rad Chem Factory 8 (-1power/+2TR)
Towing Comet 23 (+1oxy/+1ocean/+2plants)
Bribed Committee 7 [Earth tag](-2VP/+2TR)
Micromills 3 (1 heat)
Kelp Farming 17 (+3Plant prod/+2ME/+2plants)
Birds 13 (-2Plant prod/1vp per animal)
Zeppelins (+1ME/city, 5%oxy)
Investment Loan [Earth Tag] 3 (-1ME prod/+10 ME)

What corp and what cards are you keeping? And what is your starting play?

Helion and Thorgate are your opponents. In the 1st gen, Helion SP power plant and played GHG factories (+4H), and Thorgate played nuclear power (+3E/-2ME) and Restricted Area.

2nd Gen Cards:
Rovers 8 (+2ME/city)
Peroxide power 7 (-1ME prod/+2E prod)
Decomposers 5 (3% oxy, 1vp/3 microbe,animal,plant)
Trees 13 (-4C, +3P Prod/+1plant)

What are you keeping here and whats the play in the second gen?

Just curious to see the different strategies with the cards provided. I think a lot of people will be playing these hands differently so I'm curious to see what the common denominator might be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper McCann
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teractor (60 - 24 for cards = 36) Good money and I like the corp.
Keep:
Play
Bribed Committee (32)
Indusitial Microbes (20)
Rad Chem Factory (12)

Keep
Rovers 8 (+2ME/city)
Play Rovers, they Towing comet, then hope for better card draws for some cool synergy

That's what I would do, regardless of what the other players are doing for the first few generations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
End the Shutdown!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would take Teractor and these cards:

Ind Microbes
Rad Chem Factory
Towing a Comet
Bribed Committee
Investment Loan

I have 45 MC after buying cards. Play the loan and committee first for 4 MC and gaining 10. Next turn play the microbes and factory for 20. Finally play the comet for 23.

I end the turn with 8 MC, -1 MC production, 1 steel production, and a TR of 26.

For the second generation I have 33 MC. I would buy Decomposers (too bad I passed on the fungus) and Rovers leaving me with 27 MC. Both opponents are going for temperature so I'd look to O2 and ocean. I think I might buy a greenery tile this generation. Let the steel build up to play rovers later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maré
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What would you do?
And what did he do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am going Teractor and keeping 7:

This leaves me with 39 credits gen 1, which I will use to play Bribed Committee and Industrial Microbes. Given my opponents' play here I may also drop an ocean for 2 cards. My hand is solid, but most of it plays late.

To explain my decisions:
Industrial Microbes and Bribed Committee are exactly the kinds of cards I want to see in my opener. Boosting income is always good in the early game.

As for Birds, I always like to have a 1-for-1 animal card if possible, because Imported Hydrogen, Imported Nitrogen, and similar +animal cards become very potent. I may never play it, or play it only for a single animal, but that's fine.

Kelp Farming is one of those cards that always seems to pay off. Even played very late it's likely to be worth 2+ points in greenery plus a point for the card itself, and sometimes it will come down early and be worth much more.

Investment Loan will help me burst my credits for a huge turn somewhere down the line. With Teractor's discount it is solid.

Extreme Cold Fungus is expensive for plant generation, but VERY good if you get a solid microbe card to add. So I am fine holding it in my hand for a few generations and seeing if it pays off.

Zeppelins is a card I will almost always keep on the base map, in case someone funds Banker.

Micro Mills, Rad-Chem, and Towing a Comet are fine cards, but not as high-upside as the above. I could probably be talked into keeping Rad-chem towards the Builder milestone, but I'd rather spend my power production on a city card and make progress towards Builder and Mayor simultaneously.

GENERATION 2
In the second generation I am keeping all these cards.I probably play Rovers and pass. Possibly I grab another standard project if needed.

To explain:
Rovers is very likely to pay back its cost and provide a point. It's also a tag toward Builder.

Decomposers isn't something I love, but it does pair reasonably well with ECF. I'm fine to sell the patent later if things go a different direction.

I want to keep Peroxide Power because cheap power production can often pay off, but there's no need to play it just yet.

I keep Trees for the same reason I kept Kelp Farming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
teractor

keep
towing comet
investment loan
bribed commitee

play towing comet to draw 2 cards (or 1 if 2 is not possible)
now you have 2 new cards... a lot is possible...
play bribed commitee

gen 2
keep
rovers
peroxide power
trees

I would not normally pick trees right now, but looks like temperature will raise pretty fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Casey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Umni is tempting here as the opening hand has a pathway to 3 gens of efficient triggering of the corporate ability.

Need to drop industrial microbes, bribed committee, and use the ability first gen. That costs 22. So, we have enough in the budget for 6 cards from the opening hand. The next two gens rely on rad chem and towing a comet. So, you're free to choose up to 2 more cards. I'd lean kelp farming and investment loan.

Our gen two plan involves playing rad chem and corporate ability. Income was 23 plus a steel. Plan costs 9 money and the steel. Plenty of wiggle room to speculate on a few nice cards from the research phase. I'd go for rovers and trees. This allows us to play rivers this turn as well.

Gen 3 we're looking to play towing a comet and the corporate ability. That's somewhat pricy at 26. So, taking cards that research phase may necessitate playing loan if no cities were dropped.

This game plan lets you exit gen 3 with 29 tr and a steel production for guaranteed income. Also have rovers in play for some unreliable money. Not a bad place to be in.

Hard to say that this is any better than going down a similar route with terractor. You'd have 3 less tr, spent 9 less on Corp ability, and saved 3 from the discount on bribed comittie. This is offet a little by having 6 total extra income earned at the start of gen 4from the tr gains. All in all ... we gave up 26 money for 3 tr at start of gen 4. Seems middle of the road to me. Better than what you'd get out of standard projects, but worse than some cards. Our ongoing ability is far better than the terractor discount. Biggest downside is that we're going to pretty much be top decking around gen 4 until the global params come around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question. Can't see keeping UNMI as there isn't an easy way to raise TR every turn.

So Terractor with the following:

Keep

No keep
Micromills 3 (1 heat). 1 heat by itself is mostly useless
Birds 13 (-2Plant prod/1vp per animal). Too late to be useful.
Zeppelins (+1ME/city, 5%oxy). Too late to be useful

So, 39 money.

I'd probably actually start with Towing comet (16 money left, TR up 2, 2 new careds)
Two new cards might change this. Otherwise:

Play Bribed for 4 (12, TR up 2)
Loan for free (22, -1 MCP)
Industrial for 12 (10, +1 Steel +1E)
Rad Chem fo r8 (2, -1 E, +2TR)

Net, I'm at TR of 25, steel of 1, with negative 1 money and I'm sitting on:

Kelp Farming
Extreme Fungus
2 other cards

Next hand, a lot depends on what 2 cards I received. I have 26 money and 1 steel.

Assuming they aren't immediately useful I probably keep:

Rovers 8 (+2ME/city)

And either
or peroxide power.

So 1 steel, 20 money.

I play Rover (no steel, 14 money)
Extreme Cold Fungus (1 money)

If the two other cards are useful I might not keep some or all of the gen 2 cards. None are amazing. If one of the other cards is good and needs energy I keep peroxide and try to play that and the other card.

Notes: I'm not remotely concerned about awards in the first generation. No telling what will happen with that. Also, I'm not enamored with decomposers. With fungus it's a point per turn, but I'd rather have a card that with fungus helps me raise TR, and unless the other players are bumping oxygen I won't even be able to play peroxide for a while. So I'm really hoping my other cards are better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play UNMI and keep IM, RCF, TC, BC, MM, IL. It's not often you get this good of a star4 for UNMI.
I'd play IL, IM, MM, BC and use ability 1st gen, aiming to play TC the next and save up some steel for RCF on 3rd gen.

For the next research, I'd buy PP and Trees just because I see temperature going up early. Play RCF instead of TC since I can't affprd TC plus ability anymore. Then I can play PP as well, improving my heat engine, making Trees better.

Nice starting hand with many viable options!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
I could see keeping UNMI. Industrial Microbes -> Rad Chem Factory is good for early TR, as is Bribed Committee; with those, you're set for your first two generations.

Keep those, Micromills, and Extreme Cold Fungus (pricey for plant production, but gold for any microbe-into-global-parameter cards). Toss the rest - with your remaining cash you can put down Industrial Microbes ($12), Bribed Committee($7), Micromills ($3) and use your UNMI ability first gen ($3). Second gen you can put out Rad Chem Factory ($6 plus one steel), ECF ($13) and UNMI ($3) provided you don't buy a card - and you can always wait on ECF if there is a card worth buying. $26 from TR plus one steel, one heat and one plant income isn't bad for the end of Round 2.

I'd almost certainly go this way, as nothing in the hand really synergizes with Teractor. If going T, the only difference would be also keeping Towing a Comet and throwing it down immediately for the ocean tile placement (that is, still playing all the same cards in the same order). You'll end up at almost the exact same place at the end of Round 2 - you'll be ahead by the two plants from the comet as well as what you got from the ocean tile placement, but will have a small discount on Earth tags in place of extremely cheap TR.

(Also, the above assumes not knowing what your second-gen cards are. None of the second-gen cards are terribly compelling - Peroxide Power is probably the most compelling, as you can buy and play it that gen simply by stalling on ECF. Rovers is a VP that pays for itself as more cities come out, and cities are likely with Thorgate, but it's only three bucks cheaper than SP Asteroid that gets a TR and takes away a heat increase from the other players. Trees isn't worth paying for this early, and Decomposers is very much a "nice to have" rather than a "need to have".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Han
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Fryxen wrote:
I'd play UNMI and keep IM, RCF, TC, BC, MM, IL. It's not often you get this good of a star4 for UNMI.
I'd play IL, IM, MM, BC and use ability 1st gen, aiming to play TC the next and save up some steel for RCF on 3rd gen.

For the next research, I'd buy PP and Trees just because I see temperature going up early. Play RCF instead of TC since I can't affprd TC plus ability anymore. Then I can play PP as well, improving my heat engine, making Trees better.

Nice starting hand with many viable options!

I really really like your answer since I am a UNMI lover. I can tell you play this game often, huh?

However, I am playing my hand differently but would like a few more responses to see what others have to say.

AHC, answer the question, not respond with one!

lactamaeon, I understand your reasoning behind all of your card choices, but I think you are keeping more cards than you can play per turn with no early ME/TR production.

Also, I think a lot of people here are forgetting that thorgate starts with 1 Energy production so he ended up playing ironworks gen 2, for the +1steel +1oxy with his 4 energy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shain Oleson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I would keep UNMI since it has 3 rounds worth of being able to use its ability easily.

From the starting 10 i would keep 6

Extreme Cold Fungus (a bit of a lottery ticket, but so so powerful with UNMI if we ever run across any of the TR blue fungus cards)

Industrial Microbes

Rad Chem Factory

Towing a Comet

Bribed Committee

Investment Loan

This would leave me with 22 MC to start with which I would use to play IM, BC, and use my corp ability to Raise TR by 1 for 3 MC. Leaving me with 0 MC and 23 TR at the end of the round.

Round 2 I would have 23 MC 1 Steel 1 Energy to start.

I would draft 1

Rovers

Turn 2 I would play

Investment loan and Towing a Comet playing the Ocean on the 2 card spot if available if not the 2 steel spot. and Use UNMI ability to Raise TR 1 for 3 MC.

I would end turn 2 with 1 MC, -1MC production, 1 energy, TR 26 and either 2 random cards and 1 steel or 3 steel.

and a hand of
Extreme Cold Fungus
Rovers
Rad Cem Factory

Before the draft on Generation 3 I would have
26 MC, 2 and 2 random cards or 4 steel, 1 energy, 1 heat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lumin Sperling

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esjhan wrote:
So I was spectating a friend play a 3p game on Steam with no preludes, no draft, and I disagreed with his starting card/corp choices, along with his 2nd draft choices.

You are Starting player.

Teractor 60 ME
UNMI 40 ME

Micromills 3 (1 heat)

UN is difficult IMO but Bribed, RadChem, and Comet are all great (and keeping regardless of corp,) and the Fungus might be useful to hope for Nitrite/GHG/Regolith later (though this is a lot more difficult without draft.)

Kelp Farming and Industrial Microbes are almost certainly keeps for me regardless of corp as well.

So with UNMI, keeping 6 with Extreme Fungus, we have $22. Turn 1 is Bribed, UN, and Microbes costing all $22 and ending with 23TR. Turn 2 is probably RadChem and UN for $11, with more TBD and at least 26TR.

If we go with Teractor, we'd keep those 6 and the Investment Loan and start with $39. Turn 1 is playing Bribed, Industrial Microbes, RadChem, and Fungus for $37. End turn 1 with $2, 24 TR, and a 1plant/2microbe production. Alternatively, play free Investment Loan and Tow a Comet instead of the Fungus to end turn 1 with $0, -$1 money production, 26TR.

In a 3ER I slightly prefer Teractor here. I don't hate either choice.

esjhan wrote:

Helion and Thorgate are your opponents. In the 1st gen, Helion SP power plant and played GHG factories (+4H), and Thorgate played nuclear power (+3E/-2ME) and Restricted Area.

2nd Gen Cards:
Rovers 8 (+2ME/city)

Just curious to see the different strategies with the cards provided. I think a lot of people will be playing these hands differently so I'm curious to see what the common denominator might be.

These are great early cards, and could make a case for keeping 4 even though it only leaves $12-14 to do stuff in R2. Decomposers probably doesn't make the cut; even XColdFungus is 2/3pt per round once we get to 3%... not great. With UNMI, I'd keep Rover+Peroxide and play Rover Construction for $6+1S, also keeping the original plan and RadChem + UN effect. End with $0 again and 26TR now, looking at Towing a Comet in gen 3.

With Teractor, would also keep those 2, ending with 1S+$19/$20. Play Rover Construction for 1S+$6 and whichever of the 2 options weren't done in turn 1 (XCF or Loan+Comet.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
esjhan wrote:

lactamaeon, I understand your reasoning behind all of your card choices, but I think you are keeping more cards than you can play per turn with no early ME/TR production.

I am a patient player, especially in a 2-3p game. Sometimes I get completely wrecked, but more often than not it works out. But you are at least partly right - I have plenty of cards, so paying full retail to drop an ocean is wrong. I'll play it patiently and save my cash a bit longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esjhan wrote:

You are Starting player.

Teractor 60 ME
UNMI 40 ME

Micromills 3 (1 heat)

Without yet looking at the other responses:

I'm playing Teractor. I'm keeping Extreme Cold Fungus, Industrial Microbes, Rad Chem Factory, and Bribed Committee, and playing them all.

esjhan wrote:

2nd Gen Cards:
Rovers 8 (+2ME/city)

I'm keeping all but Trees, and I'm playing both Rovers and Peroxide Power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maré
United Kingdom
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go UNMI, you can guarantee that you can use your ability in the first couple of gens when it's the hardest to use.

Keep IM, RCF, TC, BC, IL. (25mc)
Gen 1:
Play BC (18mc)
Play IM (6mc)
Use ability (3mc)

Research:
Keep PP, Rovers (20mc)
Play IL (27mc)
Play TC (4mc)
Use ability (1mc)

You now have a good TR engine going. You can play PP and rovers soon and you have RCF to use next gen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr F
msg tools
can not be bothered replying to the whole thing, but with things like bribed committe, towing comet and rad chem... along with no obvioust Terractor bonuses (i.e. Earth cards) - and let's face it, Terractor is only really OP in Venus + Colonies.

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't pick UNMI over Terractor. You have Kelp as well, extreme cold fungus is a potential keep just incase you draft a microbe TR card (temp/oxy).

First gen bribed committe for the UNMI bonus, second gen peroxide into rad chem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
UNMI - keep bribed committee and Loan (34 MC).
First generation, place a SP city (9 MC), play loan (16 MC), play bribed commitee (9 MC) use special ability (6 MC).

TR - 23
Income - 0
MC - 6

Generation 2
Go up to 29 money. Place SP greenery and use ability.
TR - 25
Income - 0
MC - 3

Generation 3.
Go up to 28 money...

Repeat above, rush gardener milestone. Next rush Mayor milestone. After that, whatever the cards incline you to do. keep populating the map if nothing else.

EDIT: I would plan all this in generation one so in generation 2 I would keep no cards, unless I got extra gold from some ocean placements, or a possibly a card draw that I can discard for 1 MC, in which case I would be able to save one card for later (which would probably be rover construction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
If you aren't going to take UNMI here, you probably never will.

Hoogard, why are you playing a SP city in generation 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:

My opinion it's a mistake; intent seems to be to have a base to build off for the greeneries, but as it doesn't advance a global parameter the following 'use special ability' would not trigger on T1.

Been a while since I played last, but that is how it seems to be.

Ed. My error; bribed committee handles the TR increase quite nicely. Not a mistake. said it's been a while....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tabpub wrote:
Talmanes wrote:

My opinion it's a mistake; intent seems to be to have a base to build off for the greeneries, but as it doesn't advance a global parameter the following 'use special ability' would not trigger on T1.
He's played Bribed Committee which increased his TR... so he would be able to use his ability T1.

The intent seems to be, as you mentioned, a base for his greeneries, followed by
Quote:
Next rush Mayor milestone
But at the rate he's going, it's the sixth generation before he'll be able to claim Mayor.

The problem with this plan is that he's only increased the global parameters by 3 steps in the first six generations. And he may be forgoing his UNMI ability a couple of generations. If his opponents are playing a long game then they might have enough time to catch up and surpass him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chestnut Hill
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I might play UNMI, as this hand sets up terraforming in small steps pretty well. With little starting cash, I would not keep any late game cards.

UNMI
Bribed Committee
Extreme Cold Fungus
Industrial Microbes
Rad Chem Factory
Towing Comet

This leaves $25 Gen 1. Play either Bribed Committee and Extreme Cold Fungus, or Industrial Microbes and Rad Chem Factory. Activate UNMI. $2 left.

Gen 2, $25. Keep no cards and play the other two cards from the starting hand. Activate UNMI. $2 left.

Gen 3, $28. Play Towing a Comet and activate UNMI. $2 and some steel left, plus whatever the ocean placement gives. TR is 28.

This looks OK, but getting here required buying no additional cards. I'm counting on getting great cards on Generation 4. The only milestone or award I'm close to is Terraformer.

That start is not the most exciting, so I'm going to look at Teractor now.

Teractor
Bribed Committee
Extreme Cold Fungus
Investment Loan
Industrial Microbes
Rad Chem Factory
Zeppelins

I have the cash to play everything UNMI could have played in its first two generations all in the first generation.

Gen 1. $2 left. TR = 24.

Gen 2, $26. I can go anywhere from here, so I look at cards to pick up. Rover Construction looks okay. I really want to buy a city for $25. So, while I had planned to save Investment Loan, here I would pick up Rover Construction ($23), play Investment Loan ($33), play Rovers spending my steel ($27), and buy a city ($2, gain $2 plus placement bonuses). TR = 24, MC production = 0, $4 left.

Gen 3, $28. I do whatever looks good, potentially buying a card for later and placing another city.

I like the Teractor start better. I'm going to aim for Mayor and Banker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thunkd wrote:
tabpub wrote:
Talmanes wrote:

He's played Bribed Committee which increased his TR... so he would be able to use his ability T1.

The intent seems to be, as you mentioned, a base for his greeneries, followed by
Quote:
Next rush Mayor milestone
But at the rate he's going, it's the sixth generation before he'll be able to claim Mayor.

The problem with this plan is that he's only increased the global parameters by 3 steps in the first six generations. And he may be forgoing his UNMI ability a couple of generations. If his opponents are playing a long game then they might have enough time to catch up and surpass him.

In my opinion, UNMI does rather horrible in 3-players. One reason is because a lack of securing milestones. This, can however be remedied if you choose a somewhat more expensive way to use your standard action, namely through greeneries. Do the math though and you'll find out you're still benefitting from it. Now securing that gardener milestone is key.

After that you'd have to gauge the game. You can try to get Mayor, or Terraformer, or both. Someone is very likely to go for builder, so you might not be able to get all 3. You'd have to adjust. There's no rush to get cities out of you aren't going for Mayor. Obviously keep using your ability every turn, but you don't have to do this via Asteroids. SP greenary might give you the points from board position to stay in the game.

As I said earlier, trying to rush end game in 3-player is harsh. I'd still go UNMI just because though
Terractor is always a stable choice though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teractor 60 ME

Keep:
- Extreme Cold Fungus 13 (+1plant/+2microbes) : 1 plant production is cool and the possibility to add microbes may be usefull
- Industrial Microbes 12 (+1power/+1steel) :
- Towing Comet 23 (+1oxy/+1ocean/+2plants) : space events are very nice
- Investment Loan [Earth Tag] 3 (-1ME prod/+10 ME) : I always keep it, at least for the last turn

first play : Fungus and indus microbes (25M€). Since I still have 23M€, I may also tow the comet. That could be a good first generation :)

2nd Gen Cards:
keep:
- Peroxide power 7 (-1ME prod/+2E prod)

Play Peroxide

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leg
msg tools
mb
This is a good UNMI hand, but the key is holding ECF and NOT playing it until someone passes you a microbe terraforming engine. They will not do this if you play ECF early. It's not a good deal early anyway-13 for 1 plant production is very expensive.

Micromills 3 (1 heat)

Keep bolded = 40-15=25 MC. Play Microbes+Factory = 25-20=5MC. Use ability 3 MC = 2 MC left. I'd have kept Investment loan for play on final round if I could have. 25 effective income/turn after gen 1 is good.

Gen 2, play bribed committee + use ability for sure. Then rovers, hold trees.

Gen 3, I would rather not use towing a comet. Its best use is stealing the 8%O2 threshold via play->get to 8 plants->greenery. If the card doesnt get me to 8 plants I consider its +2 plants a total waste as they can be destroyed immediately.

If I can draft something else that terraforms, like Nuclear Zone, I'd use that first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.