The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemies caught in Forest Snare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Eberle

Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Wanted to know what others know about attacking enemies caught in FS. I couldn’t find any guidance on forums or faq’s. I would like to attack them since they still get to receive encounter cards while snared. Any guidance?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
It works just as normal. Forest snare only prevent the enemy from attacking. Everything else works the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Note that even though the snared enemy is dealt a Shadow card, that card is not turned over and is discarded at the end of the Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack away whenever you feel like it! For Journey Down the Anduin with a snared Hill Troll, that'd be after you build up your board state to the point you can power through the last two stages quickly.

In other quests, I don't kill a snared enemy unless I get some benefit from it. A rarely used event (Infighting, from Journey to Rhosgobel) actually can work pretty well from a hefty snared enemy -- put a bunch of damage on it without killing it, and then use Infighting to kill an enemy after it comes out in staging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eberle

Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Great input thanks everyone!l

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary McMurtrey
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
dalestephenson wrote:
In other quests, I don't kill a snared enemy unless I get some benefit from it. A rarely used event (Infighting, from Journey to Rhosgobel) actually can work pretty well from a hefty snared enemy -- put a bunch of damage on it without killing it, and then use Infighting to kill an enemy after it comes out in staging.

I love that combo! I like to add the Mirkwood Runner in if it comes up just so there is a consistent way to put damage on whatever is snared to throw around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.