Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played my copy four times, twice in scenario 1 on the Island terrain and twice on scenario 3 in the Badlands. It isn't overly clear to me where the intersection of the two sets are, I do see that the characters and basic crafts are shared and perhaps influenced by the set, but the map tiles, monsters and exploration cards seem tied to a single set.

I guess I had hoped that each combination of tiles would actually combine. It doesn't appear to be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:

I guess I had hoped that each combination of tiles would actually combine. It doesn't appear to be the case.

Yeah, you've got it right. Two separate play sets linked by the theme of your 1.x pack. One in a basic terrain, another with an advanced terrain.

I was expecting more interplay as well, but I like what I got.

I've played both island and bayou a bunch and I'm still having fun with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in my copy, the scenarios are linked to a common narrative - but had I skipped the scenario 2, I might not have noticed that. There's fairly little overlap, but the scenarios do seem to continue the same larger story arc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the valley and snowy mountain terrain. When I read the description of the valley, it said it was a valley between two snowy mountains. I assumed that was the link and the idea was to move from the valley to the mountain? I have not actually played yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.