Subject: Storage solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any good storage solution for the game + expansions that fits in the boxes and works effectively? I swear I saw a crazy one that held each faction, and held all the Replicator hexes, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use 2 GMT counter trays (plus some markers in bags) but then the board doesn't fit in the box. :/

I've toyed with the idea of getting a bunch of pill boxes (weekly plastic pill box with 7 small compartments) for storing the ship counters, but have not tried it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I doubt that all components can fit into single box, much less being able to organize it in a reasonable way. Would be great to see pictures if somebody did manage to accomplish it though!

My current solution is 5 GMT trays (one per faction, home system counters in separate baggies) in one box, map and tracking sheets in a second box, and everything else in the third box. The first box doesn't close all the way, but enough that the lid is secure to the box bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I would love it if I could fit everything in the boxes and still have it efficiently playable but I just don't see that happening. I've gone for "efficiently playable" which means a well-organized GMT counter tray for each of the 5 factions and two counter trays for game markers and the faction units that don't have a generic side (e.g. colony ships, pipelines, etc). That means even with using all 3 boxes, and having removed any inserts, extra counter sheets, "obsolete" player adds and record sheets, I still have several counter trays sitting out of the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did mean split between the the expansion boxes, but seems even that isn't reasonable. Time for the Splotter special of boxes open an inch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any idea where that 3d printer organizer can be found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph McLachlan
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I AM dumb, it was five threads down. Now to find someone to print it..

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2048449/my-one-box-storage-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Littman
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every so often I have seen GMT create a larger box for some of their games and then put it on their P500 list. I would love to see a larger box that would hold all of my Space Empires stuff. Including the extra counters that came with earlier printings of Close Encounters and I also bought a second map to play really big games. I am not sure all of that would fit in one large giant box. I know you can buy blank ones on GMT's site, but I would rather have a themed box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain Sandwich wrote:
... but I would rather have a themed box.

With a new cover!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.