Vindication» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vindication: Effect on Attribute Gains? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milton M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The instruction manual says that once you vindicating your character will give "unlocking increased attribute gains" (pg 20). The pictures illustrate "1 Inspiration or 1 Knowledge or 1 Strength" on the Wretched side, and 2 on the Vindicated side. However I can't find any other place that the instructions refer to gaining attributes as a function of Wretched or Vindicated. So where exactly do these unlocks come into play?

My gut says you may double your "Influence-to-Attribute" cube placement (place 2 instead of 1) anytime you place it. But this isn't explicit anyplace that was obvious to me.

Hoping the designers can weigh-in on this? Maybe enhance the instructions for a second printing in the future too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Neidlinger
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Milton!

Once vindicated, you simply flip the character tile, thus doubling the attribute gains when activating your character instead of a companion. That's all there is to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks! I wasn’t quite grasping the “activate your character” action. The rules talked so much about Companions and their abilities. Might want to add a bit of clarification in that section of the rules for s future print. But otherwise, I think I’m ready to play once I get it delivered. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.