Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Crown of Emara» Forums » General

Subject: US Release/Distribution? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Cantin
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmb
I see that the Pegasus edition is also in English. Will this be available to US retailers? Or maybe licensed by AEG? Any news on this would be appreciated!

Jonny meeple
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Pegasus responded to my inquiry about it’s US release that it was “already released in the US” but that it’s also available in their webshop. And here I just wasn’t looking hard enough..

Maybe it’s on its way over? Their understanding/communication is absent for this product in regards to the US.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voldemort
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
R3DSH1FT wrote:
Pegasus responded to my inquiry about it’s US release that it was “already released in the US” but that it’s also available in their webshop. And here I just wasn’t looking hard enough..

Maybe it’s on its way over? Their understanding/communication is absent for this product in regards to the US.



yeah you can buy it from their web store for 40 euro +50 euro shipping. It said on the website they have it exclusively until the end of December? so there's that
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Thanks for the heads up, I thought that was a restock date. Even with that date in mind it’s odd that zero online retailers have a preorder or release date up yet.
Maybe they can’t even do that?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Duke
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
Just noticed that this has showed up on Coolstuff as a 2019 Q3 release. Sounds like they know something …
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/268499?utm_source=Board%20Gam...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
duke22 wrote:
Just noticed that this has showed up on Coolstuff as a 2019 Q3 release. Sounds like they know something …
https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/268499?utm_source=Board%20Gam...


So 7-8 months to get a game that’s already translated.. I don’t understand the business strategies of so many German publishers, I just don’t.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that as well. I really like the look and sound of this game, but I have to just forget about it for a while. Not even worth putting on my wish list. Maybe I won't forget about it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like my kind of game....it'll be on my brain for a long while...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It has also shown up at Miniature Market recently and they are estimating Jan - Mar 2019. So, not sure if that is based on anything or just a guess. Sort of hard to preorder and let a store hold your money without a better idea. Maybe in coming weeks we'll get a better idea of when this will be hitting the US. As it stands, that is a big difference in estimates, so I don't feel confident in either.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this last week at the Dice Tower Retreat and it is really great! I had watched videos and was not all that fired up about it but gave it a try when I had the chance. We all loved it! Which is why I'm following this thread now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Concordia and rondels and I love Village and the look of it. I'm getting a sense of both of those from this game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renée Harris
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Member of East Tennessee Gamers
badge
Board game addict and evangelist -- I spread the good news of board games!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhudson1972 wrote:
It has also shown up at Miniature Market recently and they are estimating Jan - Mar 2019. So, not sure if that is based on anything or just a guess. Sort of hard to preorder and let a store hold your money without a better idea. Maybe in coming weeks we'll get a better idea of when this will be hitting the US. As it stands, that is a big difference in estimates, so I don't feel confident in either.


Blast! Had to pre-order it, now that I know Miniature Market has it! laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhudson1972 wrote:
I love Concordia and rondels and I love Village and the look of it. I'm getting a sense of both of those from this game.


Haven't played Village (now I may have to!) but it didn't evoke Concordia to me at all in my one play. Don't let that deter you though.

The card play is quite interesting here as well as the rondels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Yes, I’m not getting the parallels to any of the games listed. It looks like Village but it’s not worked placement or set collection. You collect resources is that the tie in? You do play a card every round like Concordia and that’s where the similarities end. Neither of those games feature a rondel, let alone two, or the score track or slotting cards for another action.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
R3DSH1FT wrote:
Yes, I’m not getting the parallels to any of the games listed. It looks like Village but it’s not worked placement or set collection. You collect resources is that the tie in? You do play a card every round like Concordia and that’s where the similarities end. Neither of those games features a rondel, let alone two, or the score track or slotting cards for another action.


What I meant by similar vibes...

The artist for this game is the same as the one for Village. So, that's why the boards look so similar and I really like the sort of top-down look and the people that you find in both games.

The designer of Concordia is known for his use of rondels in most all of his games. In Concordia, the card play acts as a rondel the way it plays out. That's how many reviewers describe it.

Anyway, maybe a stretch, but that's what I meant. Very excited for the game to arrive in the US.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Sweep the Leg!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
I played this last week at the Dice Tower Retreat and it is really great! I had watched videos and was not all that fired up about it but gave it a try when I had the chance. We all loved it! Which is why I'm following this thread now.


Hey Kathy! I also played the retreat and broke down and had it sent to me via the German Pegasus Spiel shop online. The shipping was expensive, but it also arrived in 3 days. Now I have it and get to play it again!!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hengst2404 wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
I played this last week at the Dice Tower Retreat and it is really great! I had watched videos and was not all that fired up about it but gave it a try when I had the chance. We all loved it! Which is why I'm following this thread now.


Hey Kathy! I also played the retreat and broke down and had it sent to me via the German Pegasus Spiel shop online. The shipping was expensive, but it also arrived in 3 days. Now I have it and get to play it again!!


That is so awesome! Enjoy it! I keep thinking about it. You know it's a winner when you can't stop thinking about it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
bhudson1972 wrote:
In Concordia, the card play acts as a rondel the way it plays out. That's how many reviewers describe it.


A rondel requires you to take actions in a fixed, repeating order, in only one direction, without backtracking, skipping over some to get to the others. Concordia lets you play your cards in any order, and allows you to repeat an action without skipping over the others.

Reviewers can make up whatever they like, but any reviewer who calls this a rondel doesn't know what s/he's talking about, and is probably ignorant of other game mechanisms as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Sweep the Leg!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KWagle wrote:
bhudson1972 wrote:
In Concordia, the card play acts as a rondel the way it plays out. That's how many reviewers describe it.


A rondel requires you to take actions in a fixed, repeating order, in only one direction, without backtracking, skipping over some to get to the others. Concordia lets you play your cards in any order, and allows you to repeat an action without skipping over the others.

Reviewers can make up whatever they like, but any reviewer who calls this a rondel doesn't know what s/he's talking about, and is probably ignorant of other game mechanisms as well.


Have you played this game? So the fact the you actually move in either rondel in one direction, skipping some spots to claim another spot, as you do in Crown of Emara doesn't fit your definition? Also what's with the virtiol there? You know better than everyone and are here to prove it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I would disagree Concordia has a rondel. You have a hand of cards and can play any you like at anytime. There is a cyclical nature to playing the cards so I think that’s where the comparison comes from but there is no inherent order or structure to when one action is played. There is also the simple core of playing a card each turn.

Love Concordia and Emara seems great too.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voldemort
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
R3DSH1FT wrote:
I would disagree it’s a rondel. You have a hand of cards and can play any you like at anytime. There is a cyclical nature to playing the cards so I think that’s where the comparison comes from but there is no inherent order or structure to when one action is played. There is also the simple core of playing a card each turn.

Love Concordia and Emara seems great too.



You actually only have 3 cards that you can play each round so it's not like concordia/newton. The fact that there is literally 2 rondels where you have to go in clockwise order and cannot go backward, I would totally say this is a rondel game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, this is fascinating and all, but many of us are subscribed to this thread to learn more about the US release. Please start a new thread about the rondel discussion if you must.
16 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on the US release date?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.