Empires of the Void II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neural Transmitter Satellite Event Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Winder
United States
California
flag msg tools
The description in the rules says that during all battles players must show their entire hand of cards and then defender chooses their card first. Are the cards played in battle played face up? I'm assuming so, but just want to confirm...
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapGunnn wrote:
The description in the rules says that during all battles players must show their entire hand of cards and then defender chooses their card first. Are the cards played in battle played face up? I'm assuming so, but just want to confirm...
Thanks!!

Don't add rules beyond what the card says, play step 4 of the battle the same way by laying a card face down and simultaneously revealing. Just because you know what cards your opponent has doesn't mean you know which ones they'll play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Winder
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just curious why does the card say Defender has to choose their card first if they are played secretly like a normal attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card in front of me to check exact wording, but from your summary it sounds like each player lays down their hand, and the defender slides out the card they'll be playing, then the attacker adds theirs. So the whole process would be open information.

But I suppose it could also be that each shows the range of options then picks their hand back up. But the "defender chooses first" rule would indicate to me that the defender has to expose their final choice first.

I think the open information option is just more straightforward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.