Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Plague - settlement event (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Galli
msg tools
Let's say plague spreads. On the next langern year, should we play as we just draw plague again, or we draw a random event, resolve it, and after that resolve plague?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Draw another random one. Random ones always happen first in addition to what you have previously written on the timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Galli
msg tools
Ok, thank you. Another question, we have the grave principle. We lost 2 survivors for plague and 1 for intimacy event. Do we get instantly 3 endeavor tokens to spend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if you draw an event, you don't also need to play it if you get the same recurring event.

Re: graves, yes, they are generated on the respective deaths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Galli
msg tools
So if i draw another plague i can ignore one of the two instances of it during that year right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Femia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razinar wrote:
So if i draw another plague i can ignore one of the two instances of it during that year right?

Yes but u must draw another event.

The random one cant be skipped.
After that u resolve all the event on the settlement sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Note that if you draw an event, you don't also need to play it if you get the same recurring event.

Could you lead me to that exact rule please? I'd be interested in the case of Gorm Climate x3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my 1.5 rulebook its on page 82 where it says you do not trigger the same Settlement Event more than once. You ignore it.

But i see nothing about having to draw another random one if you drew one that was already on the timeline. So im not sure about that part personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
in 1.3, Adam stated that if an event was on timeline and you also drew it, you got it twice- like the infamous double murder.
however, I don't remember if 1.5 rulebook updated this ruling: I am in the US this week, so no access to nothing, someone else has to proofread.

about plague: save yourself from it, innovate ammonia asap. hunt Lions and gorms to enhance your chances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Femia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
In my 1.5 rulebook its on page 82 where it says you do not trigger the same Settlement Event more than once. You ignore it.

But i see nothing about having to draw another random one if you drew one that was already on the timeline. So im not sure about that part personally.

Well it seems to good to have to skip it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be sure then this is my rulebook...

"Additional Settlement Events on the Timeline

During the campaign, specific settlement events may be added to your timeline. When the timeline is updated, resolve these by drawing them from the settlement event deck and playing them. (In addition to your random settlement event.). The same settlement event card cannot be played more than once per Settlement Phase. Ignore additional instances."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that was the bit I was referring to - I think someone else asked the same question a few months ago and that popped up.
In 1.5, you cannot have the same event twice the same year, even if it is added to timeline, case closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
To be sure then this is my rulebook...

"Additional Settlement Events on the Timeline

During the campaign, specific settlement events may be added to your timeline. When the timeline is updated, resolve these by drawing them from the settlement event deck and playing them. (In addition to your random settlement event.). The same settlement event card cannot be played more than once per Settlement Phase. Ignore additional instances."

That's so sad when it occurs. You miss out on a Settlement Event. Who knows how many great things might have happened!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.