7 Posts

Austerity» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question re "remove from the game" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm enjoying this game, and I really wish there were more like it. Games where you run a country or manage a political process.

While I like the game, I'm terrible at it. I'm having trouble with some of the concepts. For example, does "remove from the game" mean put the cube back in your general cube container, or back in the bag? The rules say they "re-join the supply of cubes waiting to be used."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kreisberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
back in your general cube container, AFAIK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

It's a fascinating game, and I love the fact that it takes up so little table space, but I put it away last night because I got frustrated at losing so quickly. Sometimes before the game year is even over it's obvious that there is no hope. I seem to have trouble with concepts like when to raise taxes or borrow more money.

Maybe I will play it again. I need a diversion.

Ironically, a few days ago I was playing another print-and-play game called "Rogue State," which I have found to be far too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stratonifler wrote:
back in your general cube container, AFAIK.

This is definitely correct. If something is just used in such a way that it'll go back into the bag and get recycled at year-end, it goes into the 'used' area - if something is "removed from the game", it's taken off of the board and not put in the bag and no longer is part of the game state. The physical cube still exists, obviously, so you'll be able to use it later if you need another cube of that type, but it's no longer part of your game state right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify then, under the Cube Draw results, any "Remove" instruction means 'remove from the game,' not back into the bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
Just to clarify then, under the Cube Draw results, any "Remove" instruction means 'remove from the game,' not back into the bag?

Indeed. As it states in the rules under "Add/Remove/Spend":

Quote:
Remove - remove a cube of the relevant colour from the Current area and out of the game. If there is not a cube of the relevant colour in the Current area, you may remove it from the Used area or the Treasury instead.

and keep in mind the related notes in the same section:

Quote:
Note that Spend is very similar to Remove, but allows you to choose which of the Current area or the Treasury to take the cube from, but does not allow you to take it from the Used area. Remove does not allow you to choose which box to take the cube from if there is an appropriate cube in the Current area.

When cubes are removed or spent they are not removed from the game permanently - they may be re-added later through an Add action, but for now they re-join the supply of cubes waiting to be used. There is not intended to be any resource limit on any of these cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Bichatse"]
Indeed. As it states in the rules under "Add/Remove/Spend":

Quote:
Remove - remove a cube of the relevant colour from the Current area and out of the game. If there is not a cube of the relevant colour in the Current area, you may remove it from the Used area or the Treasury instead.

Ah thank you. I don't know how I missed that section of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.