Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ho, ho, ho!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, another year has passed, and it is once again time to spread the joy of board games to your fellow Brawlers. Welcome to the 3rd annual gift exchange! I will be your host and humble narrator this season, so please contact me with any questions. A big thanks to Ryan Freshman who ran the previous two exchanges expertly. In fact, I will be posting his rules...why mess with perfection?

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions, hype the exchange, or most anything else you can think of that is related. It is not signing you up for the exchange, so knock yourself out and post away.

Let's have fun and spread some joy! Giving is the key word here, so be as generous as you are able.

Click here to join - https://boardgamegeek.com/geekexchange/join/477

Now, for the formal stuff:

RULES:

1.) First and foremost, This is all about the giving. Getting is fun too, but be prepared for the possibility that the person who is sending you a gift may disappoint you. I believe we Brawlers do a good job, but there are always going to be a handful of unfortunate situations that come up. We will help to prevent this.

If you sign up for the Bonanza, treat it as a responsibility and make it a priority. Those who sign-up but don't send gifts will face the possibility of account privileges being suspended as a result.

2.) You have until 11:59pm (PST, GMT-8), November 30th to sign up. If you have second thoughts after signing up, you also have until that deadline to delete your registration.

3.) Keep your wishlist (NOT WANT LIST) of games updated. The expectation is that your Santa will send a new game from your wishlist. Please try to have at least twenty currently available games on your list, and try to have most of them fall within a reasonable price range. If you have a small, expensive, or difficult-to-fulfill wishlist then don't be surprised if you get something that isn't on your list. The more you have on your list the easier it is for your Brawler Cheer Giver to find something for you.

4.) When it comes to sending, the expectation is that you will buy a new game from your target's wishlist. The total cost of the games you send (including shipping) should be at least $50 USD. I would encourage you to spend up to $50 USD on the game and then add shipping.

There is no problem, of course, with going above and beyond - sending two, three, or even more games. The generous Brawlers are the best remembered! And you will make it truly special if you personalize the gift somehow.

ALL participants must provide proof of purchase and/or shipment. A special email address will be provided when targets are assigned. This step speeds up the process of resolving complaints considerably.

5.) This is an international Christmas Bonanza. Anyone from any country is welcome to join. Understand that you very well may be given a target from a foreign country, so be prepared to factor international shipping into your gift.

Alternatively, you are given the option to pick which countries you are willing to ship to. However I strongly encourage you to not limit yourself as shipping a gift to someone in another country can be a very rewarding experience. The distinctly international flavor of the Brawling Bros Christmas Bonanza is one of the best aspects of it, in my opinion, so don't limit your options!''

6.) This is intended to be an enriching experience - not a stressful one. So the most important rules is HAVE FUN!

Thanks in advance to everyone who participates. If you would like to be put on a list as a back up gifter if someone backs out or can't make the exchange happen on their end or you have a question please send a private message to:

Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah hell... If Chris is running it, how can I say no?

I'm in.

/wolf a.k.a. ULF!!
Brawling Brothers Game Register can be found here!
Brawling Brothers Community in Google Plus can be found here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ULF!!

I knew you wouldn't let us down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieve T
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So tempted... had an awesome experience with this last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Ah hell... If Chris is running it, how can I say no?

I'm in.

Ahhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Quote:
So tempted... had an awesome experience with this last year.

DO IT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freshman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im in... someone has to secretly keep an eye on Chris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had fun with this last year finding as many purple game components as I could.

I think I'll sign up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rendamere wrote:
Im in... someone has to secretly keep an eye on Chris.

Thank goodness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to update my wish-list...

/ulf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieve T
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
I had fun with this last year finding as many purple game components as I could.

I think I'll sign up again.

Which was amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Easily one of my favorite things each year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Rouse
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I need to see what the Brawlers got so I just signed up! Super excited to spread the holiday cheer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Rouse

Virginia
msg tools
badge
Blue Peg, Pink Peg Gaming Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
piranhapig wrote:
Okay I need to see what the Brawlers got so I just signed up! Super excited to spread the holiday cheer!

well crap I didnt think you guys were doing it this year, so I did the BGG one, well at least one Peg is doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
rookenoble wrote:
piranhapig wrote:

well crap I didnt think you guys were doing it this year, so I did the BGG one, well at least one Peg is doing this.
Not like you can participate in only one Secret Santa. You like games, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we caught ourselves a Pink Peg this year!

P.S. R.L. Lloyd is right...more opportunities to participate is better, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't seem like people are flocking to this?

How many did we have last year? How many do we have this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
It doesn't seem like people are flocking to this?

How many did we have last year? How many do we have this year?

Can't remember what last year's count was, but we have 21, right now, with a week to go. Intimate is just fine, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not bad. I think it's more than we had last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like the old saying goes..."Birds of a feather, ManBearPig together."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so NOT A COMPLAINT. Something I literally just thought of for next year's exchange and wanted to say it now bc I'll forget by next year.

Do you think it would be possible to have everyone assigned their Secret Santas by Thanksgiving? That way we could attempt to take advantage of Black Friday?

Also...completely unrelated...now that I've started watching The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina every time I hear "Black Friday" it now sounds like some sort of pagan ritual...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Grants Pass
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:

Do you think it would be possible to have everyone assigned their Secret Santas by Thanksgiving? That way we could attempt to take advantage of Black Friday?

I literally almost asked if you guys and gals wanted to have the matches made in time to get that Black Friday benefit, but I didn't think about it early enough. I think that is an excellent idea, but let's hear from others.

I will remind everyone that you can get a $5 discount from Power to the Meeple for your $50(+) purchases. I believe they will also gift wrap and ship direct to your Santee. Use this code at checkout: bb18

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On a personal note for me: If you are my Secret Santa feel free to purchase your gift on-line from a Swedish store and ship from there. I know it's supposed to be personal and nicely wrapped and all... but seriously, the shipping is a real bitch across the globe, and I'd be fine with my gift either way.

That said, I will use the same method myself, so as much as I would like to go wild and personal, I probably won't make it a priority due to financial restraints. I'd rather spend all that cash on more game for you! I hope you don't mind.

Addendum: Here are some links to Swedish vendors. Yes they're all in Swedish, but you can just google-translate the whole page if needed.

https://www.sfbok.se/katalog/spel
https://alphaspel.se/
https://www.worldofboardgames.com/

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ULF

Sorry...I have to yell it every time...I blame Josh and Brandon.

That's a great idea man! No one needs to feel like they MUST wrap mine. I'm just stoked to actually be a part of one this year.

SO stoked in fact that knowing I had this coming up actually tempered my purchasing this morning when the KDM Store Black Friday sale occurred...and that's saying something.

If not for this exchange I may have spent a core set's worth of $$$ on expansions (much to The Wife's dismay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulf Bengtsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
ULF

Sorry...I have to yell it every time...I blame Josh and Brandon.

Never apologize for doing something RIGHT!

/wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |