Bad Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Want to confirm my understanding of the rules regarding SETUP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Each player draws 4 skeleton tokens (one of each symbol) drawn from the bag. Skeletons of the red arrowhead type are returned to the bag.

Is it safe to assume that duplicates of other symbols are also returned to the bag? For example, say, the first purple plus Skeleton I draw is pointing down. I then place it in the top left corner of my board.

If I subsequently draw another purple plus Skeleton, do I return that to the bag or do I just discard it permanently from the game?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Senxo
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Larry,

As I understand it, you draw four different symbols. The only thing randomized this way is the orientation of the skeleton.

So yes you would put subsequently drawn skeletons aside.

The rule book isn't clear what to do with it.

I find this setup rule a bit convoluted.

When I start a new game for like 4 players, I'll draw skeletons from the bag and give them to player one. If I drawn a duplicate color I'll give it to player two and so on.

In the end if only four or less skeletons have to be given to players I'll search the bag for those colors an give them randomly to the players. Otherwise you can be drawing skeletons for a long time.snore

Hope my perspective can help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-Louis de Maere
Belgium
Pecrot
flag msg tools
mbmb
No skeletons are ever removed permanently from the game, they keep coming at you from the graveyards!

Therefore, during setup, you will need exactly one skeleton of each colour/symbol (Green, Purple, Blue and Yellow).
Should you draw another skeleton with the same symbol, send it back to the bag.

Right after setup, your player board should only have four skeletons on it.

Hope this answers your question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
ClementXVII wrote:
No skeletons are ever removed permanently from the game, they keep coming at you from the graveyards!

Therefore, during setup, you will need exactly one skeleton of each colour/symbol (Green, Purple, Blue and Yellow).
Should you draw another skeleton with the same symbol, send it back to the bag.

Right after setup, your player board should only have four skeletons on it.

Hope this answers your question!

Thanks. I figured as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
It is not possible to start with duplicate skeletons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.