Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Can we play cards upside down to reverse the actions ?
If so, I confess I do not understand why the cards have a direction so marked (the action of the bottom could have been upside down) and why we do not speak in the rules!

Otherwise, this game is beautiful and excellent (even while still playing cards in the same direction) !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Raps
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sebduj wrote:
Can we play cards upside down to reverse the actions?

You never can reverse an action.

The rules say:
Quote:
When a card is played, it must be placed on the discard space of the game board, so that one main action is oriented towards the side marked with =filled-circle-in-square= and the other towards the side marked with =3-open-circles-in-squares=. First, the player whose turn it is will perform the main action that he placed on the =filled-circle-in-square= side or one of the 2 alternative actions. Then, continuing clockwise, each of the other players perform the main action on the =3-open-circles-in-squares= side or one of the alternatives.

So the orientation of the card on the game board will show which main action the player who played that card can take. The other main action is available to the other players.
And yes, if a player place the card "upside down", he can take the "bottom" action (which is now located at the =filled-circle-in-square= side of the discard space).

The orientation of the pictures on the card (they are both upside down or not) does not matter.

sebduj wrote:
... and why we do not speak in the rules!

See quote above.
Both pictures on the card in the same direction is probably an aesthetic choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Luque
Spain
Córdoba
Andalucía
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can play the cards 'upside down'.The cards were designed for when they are in a player's hand. Furthermore, because the orientation of the card's ilustrations, when played on the board, has no special direction, this solely depends on your position on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the confirmation. But the rules don't explain clearly, for my opinion, sorry. The question is on the french forum and some people make the mistake (me, too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt that one shortcoming in the graphic design of the game was that the two different actions should have faced each end of the card rather than both facing the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.