Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: GLOG Sat 10 November 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The next session of the Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) is on Saturday 10 November.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
Time: 10:15 am to 4:00 pm unless otherwise advised.
Room: Conference Room 2

This is a free event, just come along with a smile, and any of your favourite board games.

The game of the month is:

Giro Galoppo

Play this games for a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

The booking is for Conference room #2. This room is located on the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other people’s games.

Please make sure ask around and locate the owner of a game you would like to play and to pack the games you play to the same condition you found them. Any games and personal belongings left at the end of the day will be handed to the 'Lost and Found' desk of the Library.

As always, a quick reminder that young players need to be under parental supervision at all times.

Cheers!
cool

GLOG confirmed dates for 2018:

Saturday 13 January
Saturday 10 February
Saturday 10 March
Saturday 14 April
Saturday 12 May
Saturday 9 June
Saturday 14 July 2018
Saturday 11 August 2018
Saturday 8 September 2018
Saturday 13 October 2018
Saturday 10 November 2018
Saturday 8 December 2018

See you there!
meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lilian K
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool game, Rene 😎

Would anyone be in for a game of TI4? Bumped into Peter from GLOG last week and he said he was interested. I have another friend, Ben, who’s keen. We just need another 1 or 2 people to get it to the table. Any other takers?

Rene, I’m aware of the GLOG hours. If it goes ahead, and if we plan set-up efficiently, we may just be able to get it done. It’s a risk we’re willing to take 😊
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio Zambon
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring Walls of York

A game by Cranio Creations (http://craniointernational.com/products/) I bought in Essen without playing it, played once, and regretted buying. It's not a great introduction, but the game is innovative and my taste for games is not necessarily a good guide for what some of you might like or even love!

I will also bring another game by Cranio Creations: Jungle Race
A nice game for children.

Still in terms of novelties (although it was published in 2017), I will bring the Czech game Quartino

It is an abstract game that so far I have only played in two. I would like to play it in three or four.

And finally, obviously, I will bring along Luxor (the game I find hottest these days) with its expansions (the Queenies). So far, I have only played one of the expansions and I would like to try some more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the Ben friend, definitely willing to give Twilight Imperium a playthrough.

I can design a a custom map or we can use the one from the rules so we're ready to go saturday morning.

As long as we keep moving and keep wheelerdealing to the point we should be able to wrap up a game before 5pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kelley
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fashiznit wrote:
I am the Ben friend, definitely willing to give Twilight Imperium a playthrough.

I can design a a custom map or we can use the one from the rules so we're ready to go saturday morning.

As long as we keep moving and keep wheelerdealing to the point we should be able to wrap up a game before 5pm.

I have a committment at 9 tomorrow that probably won't finish early enough to get this one going tomorrow. I'm definitely up for it in December though. I'll also ask my game group tonight, we have played it a couple of times so some of them may be willing depending on family committments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kelley
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
capitalgamer wrote:
Cool game, Rene 😎

Would anyone be in for a game of TI4? Bumped into Peter from GLOG last week and he said he was interested. I have another friend, Ben, who’s keen. We just need another 1 or 2 people to get it to the table. Any other takers?

Rene, I’m aware of the GLOG hours. If it goes ahead, and if we plan set-up efficiently, we may just be able to get it done. It’s a risk we’re willing to take 😊

We managed this in 6 hours at LFG this year with 4 players so definitely possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lilian K
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No probs, Peter...let's aim for December GLOG! Not easy to get this played, BUT IT WILL happen!

Anyway, not like there's a shortage of games to play...

Amongst others, i'll bring a few off my Shelf Of Shame:
Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 5 – United Kingdom & Pennsylvania &
Adventure Land

Look forward to it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while, but was great to sneak back in to GLOG today.

Enjoy your gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.