Subject: Workshop overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erwin Cloostermans
Belgium
Schelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We recently played a 2-player game. I was starting player and had the luck the workshop was the first available card. I could take it for free and there appeared no other workshop in the game before all bonus tiles were gone. This gave me an advantage that was impossible to counter.

We agreed to make a little tweak to the rules for future games. If the workshop, or the card that allows you to swap 2:1 instead of 3:1 for the rest of the game, is in the initial row of cards, replace it with another card and shuffle it through the deck. With this small modification it becomes more expensive to take this valuable cards and thereby gives a more balanced feeling.

Anybody else who had this problem? Did you come up with another solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
In the original version there are 10 starter cards that are to be placed at the top of the deck. This makes what you are saying impossible. Is this rule not in the new version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny P
Canada
Dollard des ormeux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Agreed .. i think u set up the game wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Copy Imitator
msg tools
badge
i can cut with forks, and drink with potatoes. -Simo Paga 2017-
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
In the original version there are 10 starter cards that are to be placed at the top of the deck. This makes what you are saying impossible. Is this rule not in the new version?

This is still a rule in the new version. The starter cards even have little symbols on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Cloostermans
Belgium
Schelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the responses. I made a mustake in the setup. This makes the game a lot beter. We Trier a second play to say and I really enjoyed it. Even with the right setup I won the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.