Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If only three people are playing, each one starting with only three of their six ships, and all nine ships are placed, do you dicard the remaining 9 year 1 explorer cards? I'm assuming you can only move ships in year 2 and 3 so if players have placed all three of their ships in year 1 the rest of the year 1 explorer cards can't be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Funnell
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Year 1 question
gzamira (#36384),
Normally each player gets six ships. I'm not sure why you'd only get three....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JasonF (#36412),
In the overview of the rules it says year 1 three ships, year 2 two ships, and year 3 tone ship. Am I reading that wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Game in Brief

The game goes over 3 phases. In phase 1, 3 ships set sail from Europe with each explorer. There are many hazards along the journey, and in phase II only 2 ships progress. In phase III, only 1 ship finally reaches the goal. Each explorer has his personal strengths and weakness and brings his king victory points, gold, and possibly actions. The player with the most victory points at the end is the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gzamira (#36427),

Three ships set sail with each of the six explorers (represented by the spaces on the board), for a total of 18 ships. These ships can be from different players.

It is not three ships from each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, now I get it.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.