Subject: Foresight Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian G
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I asked a question in the FAQ and then realized I have more foresight questions.

1. If I use foresight and my rest cards are in the five I am allowed to look at, can I cellar those rest cards?

2. Cellaring cards supposedly "always" get replaced with the next card. Is this even during foresight? I have not been playing it that way, but it sounds like you may be able to cellar one of the five foresighted cards for the next, over and over, resulting in potentially over a dozen cellar actions occurring during the foresight? Because nothing stops me from cellaring one of the cards I just cellared for? Or is it limited to the original five cards?

2b. If it does only apply to the first five cards, how do gone cards in the foresight work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiley
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
billmcdougal wrote:
I asked a question in the FAQ and then realized I have more foresight questions.

1. If I use foresight and my rest cards are in the five I am allowed to look at, can I cellar those rest cards?

2. Cellaring cards supposedly "always" get replaced with the next card. Is this even during foresight? I have not been playing it that way, but it sounds like you may be able to cellar one of the five foresighted cards for the next, over and over, resulting in potentially over a dozen cellar actions occurring during the foresight? Because nothing stops me from cellaring one of the cards I just cellared for? Or is it limited to the original five cards?

2b. If it does only apply to the first five cards, how do gone cards in the foresight work?

Taking a stab at this, and Ken can correct me where I am wrong:

1. I'd be very surprised if you could cellar those. I would think that those would end the Foresight (you don't draw past them) but it also wouldn't auto-end your encounter until you reveal them in a fan.

2. I would say no on that one as well. My understanding is Foresight's power is rearranging cards that are coming and clearing out ones you currently wouldn't need so that you could possibly get to advantageous cards. My guess is the original 5.

2b. They are part of the first 5 cards. Nothing special, they can be rearranged or cellared but wouldn't get replaced during the Foresight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian G
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dtwiley wrote:
billmcdougal wrote:

Taking a stab at this, and Ken can correct me where I am wrong:

1. I'd be very surprised if you could cellar those. I would think that those would end the Foresight (you don't draw past them) but it also wouldn't auto-end your encounter until you reveal them in a fan.

2. I would say no on that one as well. My understanding is Foresight's power is rearranging cards that are coming and clearing out ones you currently wouldn't need so that you could possibly get to advantageous cards. My guess is the original 5.

2b. They are part of the first 5 cards. Nothing special, they can be rearranged or cellared but wouldn't get replaced during the Foresight.

That all sounds reasonable to me, and would mean I haven't played anything wrong so far.

So much for that double foresight I earned on the back of an encounter when the rest is down the hall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.