Space Marine Adventures: Labyrinth of the Necrons» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Base Campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played through the base campaign, no extra advanced or challenge cards, with Sgt Cassius. Brothers Gabriel, Infernus and Frostclaw going into the tomb.

Brief review of the session and my thoughts...

Level 1
The team moved in quickly and got in position to shut down the control panel when things started to get sketchy. Sgt. Cassius apparently thought he was working with an Xbox and not Necron security protocols and wasted an inordinate amount of time breaking through. While in a position to cover him Brother Infernus was wounded by back to back turns of trans-locating Necron warriors. With security protocols on the terminal the team quickly moved down to the second level of the tomb.

*** Brother Infernus wounded

Level 2
The team broke into two groups, one heading for the Lynchguard at the North central section of the map and the other toward the control panel in the South East corner. Brother Frostclaw quickly moved to the North while Infernus followed. Sgt Cassius and Brother Gabriel headed toward the control panel. As the team got into position with Frostclaw and Infernus laying fire into the Lynchguard it finally fell allowing Sgt Cassius the opportunity to move in and disable the Necron security. During the push toward the last level risks had to be taken as the tomb became more alert and Borther Gabriel was wonded and Brother Infernus fell.

*** One card left in the Necron reinforcement pile
*** Brother Gabriel wounded
*** Brother Infernus KIA
*** Brother Grimm called in as reinforcement

Level 3
Brother Grimm brought with him a number of Narthecium to pass out to his brothers so Gabriel was quickly healed to full strength. Brother Frostclaw advanced rapidly, with an extra turn, toward the Over Lord while the rest of the team cleared the corridors. Frostclaw closed in and hit the OverLord with a krack grenade and made quick work of the phase shifting leader in one fell swoop turning him into a mass of mangled metal. The team quickly escaped the tomb.

*** Epic victory!

-----

The campaign was a lot of fun.

Plan on adding one and then both of the advanced cards for each level, then going back to the base game (without advanced cards) and doing the same with the challenge cards and finally combining both sets of cards.

After that I'll add activation cards to make for a difficult and legendary game and then repeat the above at the two difficulty levels if I make it that far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this up a month or so ago, but haven't gotten around to playing it. It's been getting pretty good reviews, so it'll be interesting to see what GW does with it in terms of additional content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure they will do anything. My guess it is being used to get new people introduced to 40K, via marketing through Barnes & Noble. Have them start showing up at the FLGS and invest in something Games Workshop.

Now I'd love to see them expand it either with expansion mission/card sets or a full box with a new race (Tyranids please).

I have found it a fun little game that doesn't wear out its welcome, looks nice and fills time as a solo experience in a game world that I really enjoy the fluff of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sevitrm wrote:
So I played through the base campaign, no extra advanced or challenge cards, with Sgt Cassius. Brothers Gabriel, Infernus and Frostclaw going into the tomb.

Brief review of the session and my thoughts...

Level 1
The team moved in quickly and got in position to shut down the control panel when things started to get sketchy. Sgt. Cassius apparently thought he was working with an Xbox and not Necron security protocols and wasted an inordinate amount of time breaking through. While in a position to cover him Brother Infernus was wounded by back to back turns of trans-locating Necron warriors. With security protocols on the terminal the team quickly moved down to the second level of the tomb.

*** Brother Infernus wounded

Level 2
The team broke into two groups, one heading for the Lynchguard at the North central section of the map and the other toward the control panel in the South East corner. Brother Frostclaw quickly moved to the North while Infernus followed. Sgt Cassius and Brother Gabriel headed toward the control panel. As the team got into position with Frostclaw and Infernus laying fire into the Lynchguard it finally fell allowing Sgt Cassius the opportunity to move in and disable the Necron security. During the push toward the last level risks had to be taken as the tomb became more alert and Borther Gabriel was wonded and Brother Infernus fell.

*** One card left in the Necron reinforcement pile
*** Brother Gabriel wounded
*** Brother Infernus KIA
*** Brother Grimm called in as reinforcement

Level 3
Brother Grimm brought with him a number of Narthecium to pass out to his brothers so Gabriel was quickly healed to full strength. Brother Frostclaw advanced rapidly, with an extra turn, toward the Over Lord while the rest of the team cleared the corridors. Frostclaw closed in and hit the OverLord with a krack grenade and made quick work of the phase shifting leader in one fell swoop turning him into a mass of mangled metal. The team quickly escaped the tomb.

*** Epic victory!

-----

The campaign was a lot of fun.

Plan on adding one and then both of the advanced cards for each level, then going back to the base game (without advanced cards) and doing the same with the challenge cards and finally combining both sets of cards.

After that I'll add activation cards to make for a difficult and legendary game and then repeat the above at the two difficulty levels if I make it that far.

Thanks for taking the time to write up such a great session report.

I enjoyed reading it. It got me excited to try the game, which I just recently purchased!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.